Thread: Turbinized Tomato – Prototype1

Default Turbinized Tomato – Prototype1

First off I personally hate weeding through 100 pages of comments to see an end product when I’m just browsing the current stuff. So I am going to post a pic of the end product first. Work log immediately after.
    Systems:
    L-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-xp, Win-Vista, Dapper.
    HP pavilion,ze2115us semp3000m,200xpressM,1gb

D-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-XP pro-sp2, W-Vista
    CPU-Z scan

Default Re: Turbinized Tomato – Prototype1

Mod by: Hax-X
    My objective here was to use an old P3 CPU cooler which most of us know for the look alone (& still one of my favorites for the look.) the Cooler Master Jet 7.
    For two I wanted to make the fabled wrt54G router even better. Ive been running this router for nearly 3 years solid and would like to give it just a little more in the way of cooling cuz well come on we’re modders rite? 

-First I needed to find a suitable power adapter for standard plug. Particularly in this case l2v 550mHz.
    -I secondly needed to Re wire the Jet 7s power cable to the adapter.
    -Cut out square in WRT 54g top to fit air flow on bottom of Jet 7. I was intending to dremel the hole the out. Thankfully I realized first 2 possible problems.
    A) The dust & hot plastic could windup inside circuits and such.
    B) Chunk of Cutting disks could fly off inside harming the router.

Quickly looking towards Linksysinfo.org for images of the guts I determined I would use a heated exacto to melt / cut out the hole.
    Photos:
    Tools Used. 0k if you can call these tools…

Sorry I can't finish the post rite at the moment bat edits will come first thing tomorrow.

Any suggestion for paint schemes appreciated. But please no, Why not red since its runnin Tomato firmware.
    Systems:
    L-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-xp, Win-Vista, Dapper.
    HP pavilion,ze2115us semp3000m,200xpressM,1gb

D-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-XP pro-sp2, W-Vista
    CPU-Z scan