Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Project: Blue Shift

Default Re: Project: Blue Shift

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    As for the rails on the PSU it should tell you in the Instruction Manuel, it does for my Antec Neo 550w PSU. But that may be because it is a modular PSU and it wants both the PCI 6pin connectors to run off of separate rails.
    I downloaded the manual and it doesn't say specifically all it says its

Six Independent +12VDC Outputs
    Six +12VDC rails supply power independently to the CPU, VGA, motherboard, and peripheral components for the highest level of stability and performance.
    further down in the electrical chart it says that rails 1&2 are 18a, rails 3&4 and 28a and rails 5&6 are 18a. but it dosen't specify which rails go to which components.

taking that into consideration i would guess that Rails 1&2 are the CPU and mobo, rails 3&4 are for the Graphics (this has two 8pin and two 6pin pcie connectors) and i would think rails 5&6 would then be left for the molex and sata connectors.

I'm gona email zalman today and see if they can tell me. thanks again for the help

oops double post

Went to harbor freight and Home depot the other day. got a bunch of new toys for this mod.

The two important finds of the bunch where the new casters. The ones currently on Blue shift are off pos shredder from work. I'm in constant fear they they will simply snap off under her weight and after i add the extra 10 + pounds from liquid cooling... sufficient to say these new ones should hold up much better. they also ride on ball bearings which means they should swivel alot better than the current ones. also the current casters are secured with sheet metal screws i think I'll use rivets this time to make sure they are on there good.

The other thing i found was a nibbler. The first article i ever read about modding mentioned one of these and i had completely forgot about it. i think its gona be perfect for cutting out the designs in the side panels. (and if not, that's what the jig saw blades are for lol)

On a slightly off topic subject my Sister game me her old computer to clean up so she could give it to her son. Clean being the operative word here...

i don't thing that think has been opened up in the last 3 years, add to that she has three dogs. it wasn't a pretty sight when i hit it with the air compressor.

Anyway if anyone has any old AGP graphics cards or DDR memory they are looking to offload let me know. This system has a 64mb graphics card and 256mb of memory. it need a little boost in those areas lol.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got a fairly new Diamond Stealth s120 (radeon 9550) 256MB AGP card. I bought it new for my Rockin Case build, but it won't so widescreen with Win 7....grrr. I got it new @ Staples for like $80. $55 to your door and its yours

Thx SXR I'll keep that in mind I'm still doing some shopping around to see what i can find on eBay. I just ordered a new processor for it today off eBay. P4 3.0ghz for under $20 shipped. I have about a $100 or so total i can spend on it and i need to get ram and a graphx card with that, i have a 400w psu i'm gona drop in it. The goal is to get this to run L4d 2 (not at max res or anything just run it playable lol) Current specs are P4 2.4ghz, 256mb of ram DDR and 64mb graphics card. The goal is a minimum of 2gb of ram and hopefully a 512 card, but I'll take a 256 if that's all i can find in my price range. I Think this is gona turn into a full blown mod project here b4 i know it lol. He is a big spy vs spy fan and i'm thinking i might go all out and mod it for that.

this applies to an old post where you install the switch panel... but im suprised you didnt go with this instead... http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch with the blue LED in it... PS. Looks Awesome! i stole some ideas from here for Blue Storm. thanks! (+rep)
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    this applies to an old post where you install the switch panel... but im surprised you didn't go with this instead... http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch with the blue LED in it... PS. Looks Awesome! i stole some ideas from here for Blue Storm. thanks! (+rep)
    The switches i found at radio shack. all they had was red. I ended up keeping them cause i think the contrast that having red accents (The temp displays are red as well) does with the color scheme. In fact i think I'm gona run Red liquid when i liquid cool.

Take all the ideas you like. they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery lol

Here are some Shots of Blue Shift v2 Witch i showed off at Intel Lanfest DesertBASH X this weekend. Worklog pics soon to follow but this should give you a taste for how the project has evolved into its final manifestation. So in the meantime enjoy these pics, will have the worklog up this week.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Very nice.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08