Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Project: Blue Shift

Default Re: Stealth 1200

i apologize for the issues w/ images loading i had been hosting them on my free godaddy hosting account, but it has been crapping out alot lately. so i'm putting the new ones up on a different server.

Im nearly finished only a few more steps remain, i've finished painting everything and began assembling the top panel.

The top panel is nearly complete i just need to remount the switches and glue down all the panels. I'm also waiting on a replacement USB/Audio Panel from antec (i think i damaged my audio connectors during the last round of modding.)

Additional i now need to cut a hole out of the top of the case, the switches are now mounted about a half inch lower than they were previously so i need to cut a hole so they will pass through into the top drive bay of the case behind the temp display.

When i initial wired up the fan switches, it being my first time doing so, i neglected to run a ground wire for the led on the swich, so i tore apart the old wiring harnesses and re built all of them from the ground up.

Fan Switch Wires

CCFL Switch Wires

Last thing i have for this update is some changes i made to the handles to pull out the drive cages. I initially attempted to paint the existing handles but that didnt work out as well as i had hoped, So when stolling through lowes yesterday i found nearly identical handles already painted black. The only issue with these is they are about a half and inch shorter and dont fit as well. in the original layout of them being up and down. So i decided to angle them in. I think the effect will look better once they are mounted in the case.

Default Re: Stealth 1200

I would now say i am about 99% Done. I finished Installing the switch panel Monday night

Once i got that installed i needed to cut a hole in the top of the drive cage to allow the new wiring harnesses for the fan switches to pass through.

My measurements where a bit off and the hole was to far back initialy so i used a drill and my dremel to widen it out.

The end result was right on the money and the wires were able to pass through it without a problem

Now that the hole was cut, i could now reassemble the top panel with all the wiring.

All that was left to do now was put everything back together. and here is the end result

the drive bay directly below the temp sensor is now the IR receiver for my media Center Remote, I'll probably change out the factory foam backer for the drive cover with a painted plastic one, but for now I'm happy with it.

The blue is a lot brighter in these pictures thanks to the flash, I'll take a few pics this afternoon outside when i get home from work those will hopefully better capture the color. As for whats next i want to get a new plexi piece from Antec for the side panel, i scratched it up pretty good over the last 10 months I've been playing with this case. Then i want to put a few vinyl decals on it. I have a friend with a vinyl cutter so once i come up with the design i want it should be pretty easy to get.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Blue Shift

UnWantedSoldier PM'd me and asked me to change the name of this project to Project: Blue Shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Thx DrumThumper

looks good! like the blue
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

I really like the blue you used on it and you have yourself a very clean looking system there.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

nice work. nice name
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Thx for all the replies guys. I figured out exactly what I'm gonna do with the vinyl decals, i need to finish drawing it up, once that's done I'll post it here. should be done with that some time this weekend.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Congratulations!!! Blue Shift has been featured in this weeks The Weekly Spotlight for outstanding modding.

Click the image to go to your feature.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Way to go UnWantedSoldier - congrats on the front page

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey