Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fading modder...

Default Fading modder...

Hey guys...hows everyone doing? I am currently in the hospital right now in the general care...(JUST got transferred out of ICU) and catchin up with everyone that i care about to let them know whats going on. i Currently have a tracheotemy, and the docs say ive got a cancerous growth in my throat. Were gonna try to do everything we can to treat it...but...the diagnosis is still the same. So....this is going to put a bit of a rush on the wife's mod to get it finished before i am LOL! Anyways...my idea for her mod...is going to be a lightweight REALISTIC tree stump, surrounded by mini fairy houses, and fairies...topped by some sort of fairy castle of some sort...its still kind of in the planning stages, but she is REALLY into it this time...and well, i want to leave her something to remember me by when its my time to go yaknow? i think my only problem will be the internal parts, cause with all these new bills ive seemed to rack up, its going to be tough to work up some cash to get her a computer she can use for quite a few years happily But, as i get the parts....and a new camera...(dont ask....lemme give ya a hint...me..sneaking into the bathroom....with the camera...and her in the bath....SPLASH!) i will upload pics of our progress... Until that point, im going to just kick back a little bit and try to recover from this blow...but, i'll quietly lurk in here
    Not all who mod are modders...

Default Re: Fading modder...

I'm really sorry to hear that. Its very cool that you want to finish the mod for your wife. Let me know if I can help with the design. You might look at quik-tubes or sono-tubes from home depot or lowes as a starting point for the mod.

http://www.sonotube.com/products/concrete_forms.html

OOOO now that is a viable idea for the actual base of the stump.....it would give me the stability that i was hoping for the walls....and it would deffo make it a whole lot cheaper than going full on foam for the entire stump...OOO...i am SO glad i came here when i did...you guys are just AWESOME...

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Im really sorry to hea about your diagnosis , i think the tree trunk mod is a grea idea,lol maybe a waterproof camera

yeah the diagnosis sucks in sooooo many levels of pain...but...yaknow what...if i gotta go early...im leavin one hell of a mark on this world...startin with this mod...see, at the same time im dealing with this crap, we got taken advantage of by this other family, who we thought was nice, and well, they werent....sooo long story short, the family and i are currently in a motel till we get my tax returns back...THEN when i get us moved into an actual place...i will be going full tilt on this to get it done and out of the way for her, so that i can concentrate on things like a permanent house for them, paid funeral costs...stuff like that...so...im just keeping the ideas you guys pour into me like coveted jewels and will be going on a small buying spree to put together this mod ASAP for her...was also thinking of going maybe into a burlwood desk...with a matching set of keyboard/mouse outta wood or something that matches the fairy theme..also took one look at the mod of the 3 LCD's....i could SO do that and hide the wires in a small half pipe to make it look like part of the stump ran up the wall to become the monitors...possibly just add some fake oak leaves of whatnot to it....maybe add a fairy sitting on top of the monitors...sheer wonderous ideas...

Man you got some really good ideas flowing best of luck on finding a place
    That really sucks what that other family did best of luck on the mod and eveything else the leaves covering things sounds cool .I will try to think on this some to try to throw some ideas your way

hey guys! new update on the cancer mess......yeah it IS cancer....and i gotta go for yet another surgery soon to remove the cancer lump outta my throat first...then i gotta go through chemo and radiation. They also did a coupla CT scans to see if the cancer has moved elsewhere....havent found out about them yet...but, the same plan still goes....making the wife a mod for her computer At christmas...the family banded together and got me a new computer as well! this little bundle of joy will save me alot of cash allowing me to purchase more stuff

Although hard grizzly, I'm hoping for the best of ya!

You need to be featured in something..

Send me a PM.

sorry to hear the bad news glad too see the mod is still on i know a ouple of people who have beat it .Best of luck to you in life and the Mod glad to hea you got a new pc as well.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Man I am so so sorry to hear of your condition. If you need any help with the mod or RL don't hesitate to send me a PM or post it here in the thread. I am sure there will be tons of members that would jump at the chance to lend you a helping hand.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08