Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Started Modding

Fresh Paint

Default Just Started Modding

Hey,

Ive been looking round for quite a while round this site, and keep on getting ideas that I dont think are possible. But i have seen you guys say a few times that anythings possible with a case .. I have seen a lot of peoples cases on the net but yours are mostly based ona different style not really windows and things very often but more Artistic and changing they way it looks so much that you dont even think they started out with a case .. Anyway back to why i am here .. okay my problem is i want to add a small Window ,there is no problems there but i have a curved case that I have decided to work on and it is
    in layers so i would have to cut through 2 things to get my window in and im wondering wether that would cause any Problems ? with the window its self and which layer would be the best to fit it into ... Or of course i could just get a new case/ create my own like Crimson sky's nighthawk.

Rankenphile

Default Re: Just Started Modding

Hmmm... what kind of case is it? Do you have pics?

Fresh Paint

ill try get some pics on soon when i can geta n new memory card ofr my digital camera

Anodized

i am guessing that if u cut through both layers evenly and filed it all back to be square. It could work providing the spex or whatever u use fits between the cutouts snugly.

However, noone here can be certain until we see some pics of what the case looks like.

Fresh Paint

Okay Guys ... before i post some pics ive had a better idea and am wondering how i owuld go about doing it ... I have seen you guys doing blow holes before and would like to know if this would be okay

I know i would have to get the measurements exact but i think it sure would look awsome

Btw im thinking of 80mm Fans

Fresh Paint

I've found the best way to cut a window in a two layer side panel is to remove the inner layer first. Carefully use a cutoff wheel to cut a square that's larger than your design in the inner layer. Makes it alot easier and cleaner to cut your design. As far as your biohazard idea... it's cool, but it looks to me like youd be cutting the whole thing out. The black area is supposed to be a window, and the withe areas are where you want to put your fans?? What will you mount them to?? Plexi?? If thats the case your gonna see the "square" fan housing through your window. I dunno, maybe I'm confused but thats the way I see it. You could reverse the idea, using the fans as the cut out area, and where you have your led placed, and cut a large circular window around the whole thing.. Just a thought.

Anodized

yeh. i was wandering how he would do the whole cutting out and the hiding of the fan casings. just have to see what he comes up with.

ATX Mental Case

So i had a little time to think about your biohazard mod idea and i was thinking that if you got the fans lights to the color you want, then frost the windows and let em show. As far as the center piece with the led light, that would be tough cause if i have it correct, you would either have to paint on that design for the center or cut out a piece and glue it on to the window. What did you have in mind for the led? just a light? a light to light the plexi? If it is to light the plexi, i would suggest to do without and go with the fans lights (you don't have to listen, it's just my opinion). As far as the layers, i think i know what you're talking about but a little inlightenment would be good as well (drawing:p )
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

Good luck and happy modding!!!

Fresh Paint

Hehe like your drawing i was alo thinking a bit about how i would do the LED and i suppose if i could get LED Fans it'd probably look 100x Better ..

What will happen is My biohazard as a window and the Fans in each circle .. i think i might just have to make the design big enough so the fans are quite snug but also so theres a bit (and equal amount) of space between the window and the fan So its a little like this ::

I dont really know wether this will work "/ all i know is that the fan cases will be snug where as the fan s look about 1 cm in from the window .. (i hope)

Sisp

Please comment on my mod ( i havent started it yet but once i get my dremel you'll never see the end of my reign =D )

This is the fan im gonna get

Anodized

hmm.. to me the whole biohazard circle is worrying me with the fan factor.

I got that picture and i made some adjustments for you to consider. You don't have to use them but it is to start you thinking about some of the light positionings and some other cool stuff. (you could even get a normal fan, make fan casing out of plexi then add just the led lights in my design, or u could add both and have the colours blend)