Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider CWC

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC

AWW MAN!! Hope you didn't get rid of those back fins just yet! I would bondo the back fins up to keep the sleek going all the way to the very back edge. It would keep the sleekness factor up, and make the unit a lot stronger. Also, maybe you could try doing that with the sides, rather than having edges sticking out each side.

PS. Bit-Tech people....they are poo

Fresh Paint

great project - looks very interesting....

where did you get the wheeels from????

ATX Mental Case

I got the wheels from Performance-PC.com. I dont see my self trying to fix the front fins and keeping then there. There already half gone. After this cutting next thing I have lined up is there, Pump mounting and the pump bracket. Most will have forgot about this looks at one of the pics of the water cooling mock-up. The pump is place near the front and is placed with its back to the viewer. Also at the same time I will be doning the plastic part of the HD mount.

ATX Mental Case

So the big question is. Is Knight Rider down and out. No way. I just haven’t had as much time. I have been doing a little work for my sponsors at there place configuring some of there high end computers for them. I also have been there on-site gaming hardware expert for a big visit day from one of there highest ranked employers. So basically I was there dresses in black shirt and red tie talking about how far the gaming hardware has come and what the trends are for the next year or so. Its no formal position, just for there store to look good in the eyes of there boss.

I have been working on KR (KnightRider) on and off. Not much work has been completed because of the big visit thing, exam and some troubles at home. Here is what I have done.

You can find this stuff at local Home Depot

"Plastic I am your Father, feel my rather with my new jig saw"

Pretty Clean cut. Straight for the most part to.

After a little fill and sanding work, fits like a glove.

Ok this piece it between the edge of the mobo, were all the HD and PSU connections are to the front frame.

These areas will be cut out in order to make room for the mobo mounts and the optical driver IDE connection.

ATX Mental Case

Ok this is were the second plastic piece will go.

As you can see there is a lot of edges and corners to be sanded/filled.

This is how bad it was.

When I was done, I rounded the edges off and cleaned up the lines.

I found a problem though. The bottom mirror piece and the mobo mirror piece will be touching each other, so I need to shorten the mobo one or cut a slot into the bottom one.

ATX Mental Case

Does any one here have some thick piece of metal. Nothing $$$, no copper. Steal or something like that. I was designing the res, and how it will be mounted but I need some thick metal.

When I mean think at least, .5cm-1cm thick metal. I will have some new sketches up soon for the rest of the inner case up. Also some more cutting of the mirror plexi.

I have found my self looking for a new machinist. I kinda got a new one and thus for re-designing the water block again. This time I am designing from the ground up again. I will have pics of the new pro-type designs up soon.

Looks great, you are doing a wonderful job! Very creative and thorough attention to details.

ATX Mental Case

Thank you so much dude. I try very hard.

ATX Mental Case

Hello guys been a while since I update sorry. On many of the sites sadly I have made my way to the second page of the work logs.

I also got a voltage gage, it will be mounted in the front of the case right under a temp gage. I am look to get anther gage that is round like the voltage one for the temp if not I will you the digital rectangle gage from before.

Light up.

Juice kicks in. What this little under 12V, well thats because it connted after the FAN controler. Even with the fan cotroler on full it no full 12V.

This is the frame connected with the HD mount. I hope this give a better idea of the way the HD will be mounted.

Well any way I have cut out the mirror piece for the drive bay I need to sand down and fill down the corners still.

I have also managed to cut out a piece of plexi for the HD mount and drill the holes for the HD. I hope from the night is over to get anther updated pi c of the HD mount.

Also tonight I will also try to get a mini BFG 7800GTX review up. Well maybe not tonight but hopefully soon.

ATX Mental Case

Ok folks I have a little update. This is all the mirror piece cut and mounted in place. This is the first fitting for this case. And since it was the first issues came up. First being were the mobo mirror piece meet the bottom. I cut out a notch into the bottom one. Also found more problems were the mobo tray meets the front frame. The inner Bondo still needs to be sanded down.

Most other areas are fin other then some scratching which I will easily fix and some chipping. The chipping will be fix with some molding or some rubber tape for the edges. The scratching will just be taped up or coloured in from underneath to make the scratch go away.

Here are the pic hope you enjoy them. Also here is the progress pic for those who asked.

Bottom mirror all cut

Small gap for mobo wires

Hi there fellow modders. The stuff you see here is not skratchs but dust on the mirror/ on lens.

The edges here will need to be taped up for sure.

Problem when front frame meet mobo tray.

Mirrored up, This shot has the drive bays also.

Progress I say around 50-60%

Check out that air flow. A super small case with huge fans.

Better idea of the RAD, and were it will sit.

So long for now fellow modders.