Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider CWC

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC

Also hardens the paint also. THere are a few reasons. But I will explain soon to you all in my guide.

ATX Mental Case

Part #1 of 2

So you want to Candy Paint.

In this guide, I will demonstrate how paint baking and candy painting is done. Remember, this is not the only way to bake paint. There is 100 different ways to do the paint baking but in the end the results will be the same. That said, you should read MNPCTECH’s painting guide before reading my guide. That was the first painting guide I ever read and the first you should read to understand my technique in a better way. For a long time I followed MNPCTECH's guide but then I started to experiment with different ways and ways to shorten the time for the paint to dry. Thus my technique was created.

Remember…. Please Remember
    Remember that painting can be very relaxing and rewarding. This painting guide shows you how to paint with candy finishes and also how to oven bake your paint. Remember that I am a complete novice and my guide can’t be accountable for any damages to you or your property. Remember this might be quicker way to paint but you need to keep a close eye on the paint at all times. Literally, I was watching the paint bake all the way through just in case anything happened. This is because paint fumes are very combustible and you need to ‘purge your ovens air’ once in a while.

What you need..

You need a nice area to work in. I always liked working inside in a well ventilated area because you can better control the environment. The METALCAST paint is very picky in the temperature it likes to dry in, but by baking it we overcome that issue. You need a oven that you don’t plan on using the whole time you are baking. Make sure your oven also has a vent in one of the 4 burners above it. Mine has a little pipe that runs from the oven to the top right hand side burner. This will allow some air to escape.

Oven
    METALCAST ground coat
    METALCAST tint
    Scratch Filler & Primer (Red Primer)
    Sand Paper (200,300,400)
    Clear Coat
    Rubber Gloves
    Tape

Anodized Finish
    To create the anodized finish like the Drive Bay you need to take the bare metal and wash it with soap and hot water. Then dry off. Tape up any areas were there will be moving parts like CD drive coming in contact with the drive bay. These areas we can not be paint because they need a specific clearness and the paint will normally exceed that clearness room. To anodize you don’t need the ground coat or primer. The tint needs to be first heated up. I used a pitcher filled with hot tap water, then I placed a dish over the can so it doesn’t float. I waited about 10mins, then took the can out. I started to shake the can. I put on the rubber gloves then I started to paint. Use very thin coats. Set the piece down and come back every 10min to 15min to paint again. If you want a more copperish look to the paint then only do a couple coats (2). If you want a deeper red, I would say do more like coats (5). But with doing 5 coats you need to pay extra attention to how thick the paint it becoming. At this point you can let it dry and still come out with nice paint job. But my secret is to bake it.

In Canada there are very cold temps during the winter and thus its difficult to paint. I painted out side once and the paint job was smooth but was very oopeg. The oven baking further smoothes out the paint and makes the surface glossy again.

Clean with hot soapy water. Dry

Warm-up can.

Paint the subject

First Dry ( if you do not want to bake stop now and still end up with nice paintjob)

Bake

Cool

What you get is.

Part #2 will be posted on TTM.

ATX Mental Case

Nice guide! Can't wait for #2.

one question. How hot did you bake it?

Fresh Paint

will it be the same if you use gas stove, or thats a explosion wating to happen??
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Miranda\My Documents\My Pictures\mortalkombat.gif[/IMG]

ATX Mental Case

Aero- The temps depends on what you are baling. Plstics should be 170F and metals more. But in the second part I explain all that details for the baking. That’s one of the reasons why I made a part two, to the guide. There is so much I need to say I made two parts.

Wait for the for second part before you try this.

ColModish- Never tries it with gas stove. Please wait for the second part, I have some idea to make this a gas stove friendly way. I need to experiment.

ATX Mental Case

While I was gone from the forums I still was modding. Not as much but a little. I was hoping to meat my May deadline for this case to but some stuff came up.

Any way here is what has been done. The pic speak for them self.

Some Hanging issues.

Need to be more like this though.

I add some support but need more support before it can stand right.

ATX Mental Case

This is the back frame but I dont like the way it looks mightt haave re-paint it.

This is the turbo box with all the fins cut off. Also using spot putty to even the surface out.

I am even starting on the pump mount. Since this case is a small atk case its kinda hard to cram in a 1250 pump.

Fresh Paint

WOW
    1. Amazing paint job
    2. Amazing color
    3. Amazing Idea
    4. Amazing parts
    = ZOMG GODLIKE!!!
    Guess what happened man... HEADSHOT!

Fresh Paint

What can I say that hasen't already been said....

....Well first I am whit the other peoples here on:
    • Awsome Paint...
    • Great parts...((I want them all XD))
    • Like what this is turning out to...
    • ..and last... Darn Your good man XD

...So keep the great Work up... and i will be here looking after you :p

....and for the word no one said yet.... Woppeli Dodda!!