Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider CWC

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC

Yeah!! 9800XT (All In Wonder) ALL THE WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by marquee
    @ Crenn- I would have got the 7800GTX 512MB if it had value. The 512mb is almost $1100 CDN. This is because that card is only made in low numbers. The X1800 XT performed better then the 7800GTX with 512mb because of the way the X1800 XT is made with a different architecture. The so called "architecture".

Number of 7800GTX 512w/mb

GTX VS X1800XT
    I'll point out this. The 512MB 7800GTX actually preforms better than the 512MB X1800XT. The article you posted shows the 512MB X1800XT vs a 256MB BFGTech 7800GTX OC. And what's worse is the 7800GTX is beating it.... just.... but remember, that's only with 256MB.

If I can remember where I foudn the article. I'll post a comparison of the 2 512MB cards.

EDIT: Here's a good review on the cards:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/11/...dia/page7.html

ATX Mental Case

Ok that was a quick post. But let me asure you if you read reviews you see that the X1800XT (which I dont own no more), was better in high quilalty, high res gaming. Most revies if you see them the nvidia cards do well in any res with now AA or AF. Here is a better review. You see here that a card like 7800GTX 256, is all most same as the X1800XT but as soon as AA and AF are turned on you see a big difference with the X1800XT on top. You see even a large margin when moving to larger res. But then again games like "Chronicles of Riddick" seem to be made for the 7800GTX. ALso check out the BF2, FEAR and 3Dmark05 test. They show that the card is better when AA and AF is turned on. The ATi cards seem to be built for AA and AF, while nvidia for pure speed. From what I hear the G71 core is a go and ready to start shipping soon. That core will be even more faster and better overclocker then G70 and will for sure kill the X1800XT and X1800XT PE when it comes to raw power. Also Dells new little play with fire machine with quade Sli is crazy. Keep in mind that nvidia is smart and wants you to buy a new card while ATi will like to slow down the game and R&D more.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...eon-x1800.html

Edit dude the link you sent is so one side. Its also a lie. Look at the Doom 3 test. With a size od 16X12 res with 4xAA and 8xAF, even the 7800GT is better then the X1800XT. Let think for a sec. The most powerful ATi card with 512mb is not as good as 7800GT. Yeah right. BTW isn't Tom's hardware paid to review.

Ok, I'll give you a quick hint into why the reviews are so different stories for the NVidia cards. If you read back in the TH review, you will see that the drivers used are the NVIDIA ForceWare 81.87 whereas the review you posted, they only use NVIDIA ForceWare 78.01. Remember, drivers do improve preformance. It's why both cards are near equal.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm actually incorrect. TH used NVIDIA ForceWare 81.89 for testing as NVIDIA ForceWare 81.87 didn't recognise the card used.

ATX Mental Case

This update was due a few days ago but I had computer trouble in which I had to format my computer and then get a new hard drive and took me 3 tries to get windows to install with out error.

Since this is in the theme of the Knight Riders KITT car, I said what the hell let me give it a underground effect. So I took the bottom lined up the tube and marked off the holes. Then toke a dremel to it. The tube will be held to the bottom later bu a zip tie or metal bracket. The zip tie or metal bracket will be hidden from viewer looking into the case by and pice of plexi that will be mirror like.

This is a mock up witht he frame of the front.

This hole is for the tube power wire.

And yes after some more grinding and bondo that hole will look clean. I hope. Or I might just do rub ring.

Hehe! That looks awesome. Very nice pics

ATX Mental Case

Thanks, I try my best to keep the camera study. But with like 4 cups of coffee in me, holding a camera still is like holding a dremel still hard to do.

Ok this post is to show the way the HD will be mounted and were they will be mounted. It will be placed right over the RAM and CPU area. If the PSU was still were it will normaly be, the HDs will be mounted right under the PSU box. I will be using a Zalman hard driver cooler. I plan to take the hard drive cooler apart and paint it the same way as the mouse to give it a red look. Red and chrome will be the final colours of the hard driver cooler. Here comes the pics.

This is the plate that will support the HDs, I will use spacer and some plexi to hide the screws of the HD.

This is and idea what it will look like.

This is to give an idea were it will be mounted.

This sketch shows the side view of the hard drive mounting. The middle bar is the plexi. I will use spacer and two sets of screws to mount the HD to the new plate. The first set of screws will mount the plexi to the plate with spacer in between. The second set will mount the hard drive to the plexi.

Here is a quick 3D sketch.

ATX Mental Case

Ok here are better pics

Here is the Zalman HD cooler.

My new Raptor hard drive.

Getting the right wires. I need to mock-up the HD and see how much space wires and so on will take.

_027.sized.jpg" target="_blank">http://images.mi-pcs.com/albums/albu..._027.sized.jpg

As you can see I have to place the HD a little far from the back of the plate so I can clear some thing under it like RAM and the motherboard.

New games

Testing the Raptor. And what a beast it is. Can't wait till I have two in RAID 0.

ATX Mental Case

Ok here is a little hardware peak.

This is for sure me. Every night since I got F.E.A.R. I can't sleep no more.

I dont think this is true.

Must have gamer gear. THis card is the bomb.

You guys need to get this card man. Its crazy.

Old card. Bye bye. You served me well for the past, oh 10 years. LOL

Pile of games that I am currently playing. I am gamer I tell you. I am taking this hardware to its limts then water cool it and OC it to the max. For now I am figuring out my baselines.

Look at the beast that hosts this hardware. Yes its bare but the case is coming. Don't worry lonly hardware, you will have a sexy outter layer soon.

It lights up. WOW

Sneak Preview of whats next on this project.

ATX Mental Case

Ok guys this update is very minor work. It’s just me lightly priming the ND mounting and the cleaner cover. From this point on I would like to call the cleaner cover The Core. Why the core, because the heater core sits right under it. Any way. I primed them so I can get and idea what needs to be sanded, better and areas that will stick out when painted. Found many things I never thought of, and a few I already knew of.

Over here you see that there is a sort of a low area, it might need filling, or might be good, because of the rivets and the space below is tight any way.

This is that PSU back plate. I see I need to get better files and file it down. I need to get smaller files.

This is the famouse Core

This will need sanding to make it smooth.

Here are some more areas.

A better shot of what I am talking about

Anther area, I was hoping this area would heal it self. Kinda pissed off, of the amount of sanding I must do still.:angry:

In the end the core, will be painted a candy red to stand out a little from the glossy black case. Like so.\/

Enjoy the work.