Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider CWC

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC

Looks beautiful! I can't wait; I always check this thread last when I do my daily rounds because I save the best for last!!

Rankenphile

Excellent stuff. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Keep it up!

ATX Mental Case

Thanks guys. The best for last.HEHEHE I am very humbled, thank you.

Ok there seem to be many questions on many forums about the state of the water cooling. If it will go in or not and what not. Yes it will go in and here is a sneak preview of the block that many and machines are working on. I plan to have three of them made. One copper base with plastic clear top, aluminum base with plastic clear top, and an all aluminum one. After some tests with the three blocks the winning block will be used. Also the winning block I am going to order 10 more of and sell them on my future web shop.

Whats your ideas on the block?

ATX Mental Case

Here is the flow of the block. The pic above is the side view of the water block.

ATX Mental Case

I have to start making the bracket for the heatercore. The heatercore will be held in place by a bracket that will run zip ties or screws down through the core. Here is the piece I cut out and will using to make the bracket.

First look.

ATX Mental Case

I started sanded the 'Turbo' today. I needed to fix some areas so I was sanding with a 80grit. I got rit of extra areas quick.

Remember this area

This area will need to get filled.

And this one too.

Here are some areas that stand out some what.

All the pics I have for now. Stay tuned guys. Please reply and ask questions and suggestions .

Looking beautiful That sucker is going to be loud though. I would have preferred to channel the airflow out the pipes and keep the unit enclose, maybe with only one small fan on the top. But oh well, still daymn sexy!!

ATX Mental Case

OMG I cant believe this. I am being Featured. This is a first for me.

I am going to make a plate that closes of the res of the gap betwean the case inner and the haeter core to force all the air down the hearcore. I am hoping to use a fan controler in the end to mangen the noise levels. The two smaller hole wont be used for fans. Although they are perfect for 80mm fan I am going to mount a dual 80mm res there. Nice and clear so that the red water can be seen. In the future. No plans on doing that now, since I need some tool that I dont have yet. Tap and die, drill press, and much needed skill with plexi.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC: Front Bezel door frame

This is modding fuel. A lightly toasted white bread with chocolate spread and peanut butter. With a nice healthy sized cup of Colombian coffee.

Here is the area that need to be filled.

I started by making the side piece first. This will need to be shorted, for the fiberglass cloth to fit. Its not finished. I am going to make it shorter by at least .5cm.

Here is the top piece. Same as the other one it will also need to be shorted to fit with the cloth on it.

ATX Mental Case

Ok guys this update is thanks to the guys at bit-tech who have motivated me. They said my work was **** and I can make it better. Its true though I can make it better. But I don’t share the same ideas as them when it come to my work being **** though. Any way long story short they suggested a few ideas. Ideas that I have been personally have been thinking about for the past week.

First idea was the fins on turbo. To keep them or no? The fins in some areas are damaged and they’re for need to be repaired. Or better yet cut them all off and then simply paint the turbo to keep the clean and sleek look. I thought about this again. They were right. It will look better cut off. So I told them I would do this and off to the shed I went. I broke out my new dremel and the flex shaft. I cut all the side fins off. The front fins are a little harder to cut because they touch on the corners and also on top parts of the bottom instead of just one like the side piece. I have saved the front fins to be cut on Wednesday. I haven’t sanded the sides down by hand yet so still looks rough. But I have sanded it with the Dremel.

Last look at fins

This is what I said about the front piece touching the bottom twice.

One side down

Other side.

For the next time.