Page 1 of 38 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Neptune's Trident

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Default Neptune's Trident

Well, here we go again with another project! With BSG finally complete, the family settled in at the new house,
    and my work area in place, I can mod once again.

This project will be a more traditional mod, in the sense that it won't be scratch built, or have fabricated engine
    pods or other appendages attached to it. It will be simple, clean, and functional.

I originally came up with the idea to do a case mod that revolved around the number 3. As far as components go,
    it will have 3 video cards, DDR3 memory, 3Ghz processor, 300Gb hard drive, and three water cooling loops.
    One of the main features of the case will be three Primochill Typhoon III dual-bay reservoirs with attached pumps
    mounted in the drive bays. It was from these pump/res's that the watery theme was realized. The name lends
    itself well to the underlying water elements while staying consistent with the number "3".

The case I'm starting with is a Lian Li V2000. It will have a trident-shaped window on the side that will wrap
    around the corner towards the reservoirs, and three pass-through holes at the bottom where the three 120mm
    rads will be located. Here is a preview animation of the case:

With most of the planning done and parts ordered, I should be able to finish this mod fairly quickly.
    Special thanks go to Moddersmart.com for working with me to get everything I need for this project!
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Default Re: Neptune's Trident

That looks awsome, +sub
    Will

Ok, so here's the case. First time I've worked on a Lian Li, and I must say it is a pretty stout case! Well built and nice thick aluminum panels.

...And gutted. That didn't take long! lol

And I'm off and running.
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Hell yeah, Bod Mods On! You are a machine dude.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I really want to base my next mod on either that or the v1000 but they cost like £200

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Looks Neat So Far

Sounds and looks like a cool design. (no pun intended lol)

I'll be watching this one.

Looks like an awesome design, but one question, and I know you have an answer. Where are the HDD('s) going to go? Just sorta wondering because I dont see anywhere they can really go other than next to the mobo, unless you are using external drives.

Current projects:
    Project:8core
    ON HOLDKarbon Kreation
    ON HOLDFish Tank Media PC

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

A Bod mod is a good mod. Can't wait to see how this turns out mate, good luck.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by Karbon Killa View Post
    Looks like an awesome design, but one question, and I know you have an answer. Where are the HDD('s) going to go? Just sorta wondering because I dont see anywhere they can really go other than next to the mobo, unless you are using external drives.
    I haven't really settled on a location for the hard drives yet, but you are right, they will most likely go next to the mobo tray. I'm working on a trident-shaped mounting bracket that will attach either to the tray, or the floor.