Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Neptune's Trident

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Default Re: Neptune's Trident

Quote Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
    but... i cant help to think. i almost got into trouble cooling my phenom quad, and a single gfx card with a 360 raddy. how are you gonna cool an intel extreme and 3 gpu´s :O honestly i dont think that the 3 raddy´s can handle it:/
    I think that is one of those questions where we'll just have to wait and see. There are many variables in WC'ing a system that make each configuration unique. For example, my BSG case utilizes a 360 rad, but only has two 120 fans on it. And it cools my AM2 6000 and both 8800GTS cards with no issues.

On Trident, I will be breaking up the loops as follows: Loop 1- CPU, loop 2- GPU1 & 2, loop 3- GPU3 & NB (and possibly SB & mosfets too). I think a single 120 rad would be sufficient for each of the loops, but as I said, it will be a wait and see. I will also be toying with the fan directions to see what gives me better numbers.
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

bummer.. oh well this is boddaker right.... he will fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I think the single rads will work fine, even under load. Most people who water cool overkill on the rads so they can get the lowest possible temps for OCing and extensive gaming sessions. You won't get ultra low temps but they will be much lower than stock, more than enough.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I also think the 3 rads will be plenty. I'm running a dual core CPU and 2 GPU's on one rad that size and it works fine.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Anodized

It is really good to see that this build is packing some firepower! def like the rad setup and the components! cant wait to see the rest! keep it up! the 3 rads will be just fine. coolant the loop should be big enough to get rid of the heat.

Hey guys, I finally got something to show on the tubing. After spending countless hours running tubing in Sketchup, I ended up with this configuration:

Please don't mind the mess under the floor, that is still under construction lol. I just wanted to get the upper portion figured out first. I had initially tried running the lines from the blocks straight across to the reservoirs, but that looked horrid (I'm not even going to show that jumbled mess!). So I opted to run all lines down through the floor making it neat and clean. Yes, it will add to the overall length of each loop, but with a dedicated pump for each, I don't think I will have any problems.

What do you think?
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I think it will look very neat, very unique. Am I right by guessing that the NB will have an actual water block and not the stock cooling?

The HDD mounting looks awesome. Personally I would remove the stickers and polish up the silver top, that would look sweet.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    I think it will look very neat, very unique. Am I right by guessing that the NB will have an actual water block and not the stock cooling?

The HDD mounting looks awesome. Personally I would remove the stickers and polish up the silver top, that would look sweet.
    lol yeah, I couldn't separate that NB cooler from the sketchup model, so I just left it.
    And yes, I plan to remove the factory stickers from the Samsung drives, and add an acrylic cover with maybe an etching of some sort.

still think that the single 120 will have its fight with the xtreme processorbut hey, ive been wrong before sketches looks good!
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

wow thats cool...

congrats on being featured on cpu magazine mate ! (with bsg)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!