Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009: Year of the MMORPG drought?

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default 2009: Year of the MMORPG drought?

I've been sniffing around and there isn't **** to look forward to really... The few that are coming out are just all the same 'ol - same 'ol.

I think I'll be going back to Pirates of the Burning Sea. The community there was awesome. I like the idea of player made everything. Eve's another good one but I don't like the idea of jumping into a game late...

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: 2009: Year of the MMORPG drought?

Don't count on it something will come out of the blue or will be better then expected.
    Need a sig

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Im just looking forward to the knights of the old republic mmo, its looking to be amazing!
    wont be out for a long while though.

forums.darkfallonline.com

next-gen sandbox gaming. In a nutshell, player made cities and towns, seamless world that takes more than 10+ hours to run across. No classes. Thats right, you level by actually using certain skills without being restricted to a specific class. Actual aiming, no locking and spamming buttons. There's a lot more, so go read about it.

It's been in development for about 8 years from a small enterprise in Greece called Adventurine, and they're finally launching it Jan 22nd.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

MMOs are damn near all the same anyways, all of them have the same freaking interface, it's always the monotony of grinding over and over, etc. I haven't seen an MMO yet that wasn't like that.

And on that note, I should probably mention that it doesn't matter to me anyways because I play WoW and I'm happy with that.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowNyfe View Post
    forums.darkfallonline.com

next-gen sandbox gaming. In a nutshell, player made cities and towns, seamless world that takes more than 10+ hours to run across. No classes. Thats right, you level by actually using certain skills without being restricted to a specific class. Actual aiming, no locking and spamming buttons. There's a lot more, so go read about it.

It's been in development for about 8 years from a small enterprise in Greece called Adventurine, and they're finally launching it Jan 22nd.
    Games that have been in development that long always = old technology although that sounds like amazing gameplay... that's one reason I bought Age of Conan, because I was lead to believe you actually had to AIM the damn crossbows and ****... they mocked "point and click mmorpgs" but had one themselves... pissed me off.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    Games that have been in development that long always = old technology although that sounds like amazing gameplay... that's one reason I bought Age of Conan, because I was lead to believe you actually had to AIM the damn crossbows and ****... they mocked "point and click mmorpgs" but had one themselves... pissed me off.
    If you want an RPG where you actually need to aim (although it's not an mmo), Fallout 3 is amazing. You can either target yourself or use your VATS (which, in essence, is a targeting computer that you tell it where to shoot at and it tries to hit. It's not a guaranteed hit all the time, either, not even at point blank, so you get that annoying RPG aspect of "is my skill high enough", too).

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I should probably mention that it doesn't matter to me anyways because I play WoW and I'm happy with that.
    Second.

Hellscream Realm, "BlackAnghus"

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

WoW is too old to pay for in my opinion. I tried it on a private server and it was boring as hell. I'd rather play EQII and that doesn't say much lol.

I tried it on a private server

In the words of Adam Savage "Well theres ur problem!"

Wow is **** on a private server, they give you things that you would have to earn. And they always have bad connection. The fun is in the social aspect of it.