View Poll Results: Which Netbook would you choose?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • MSI Wind

4 36.36%
  • Asus Eee

7 63.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Netbook Lineup - Help me choose?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Netbook Lineup - Help me choose?

Here is the list of netbooks that I have narrowed down from a much larger original list.

I don't want to spend over $400, but if you know of a better netbook than the ones listed, let me know! Thats pretty much why I created this thread, I like to get the best deal possible, but sometimes I miss something or am unaware of a certain deal somewhere else or whatever. But I'm also just curious to see what you guys are into netbook wise since I'm sure everyone takes brand and aesthetics into account.

Just as a side note/rant; I was going to get the Dell Studio 17 laptop, but I got turned down for credit from both Dell and my bank. Not sure how I'm supposed to build credit if nobody will give me any! ><
    Last edited by Zephik; 12-28-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Removed all blue netbooks. Added MSI Wind. Removed Aspire One. Removed Eee 900HA.

Default Re: Netbook Lineup - Help me choose?

I think the MSI Wind is pretty neat, although I have an EeePC myself. I've had the 701 for over a whole year, and it hasn't let me down :] I would go with the 904HA.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

The 904HA is the ugliest IMO but also the most equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    I think the MSI Wind is pretty neat, although I have an EeePC myself. I've had the 701 for over a whole year, and it hasn't let me down :] I would go with the 904HA.
    Thats irritating. I actually decided that I like the Wind quite a bit after looking into it. Except for one thing. It only comes with a 3 cell battery. (2 hours with everything on. ouch.)

The 6 cell is available though, with the 160GB HDD instead of the 120GB and its wireless N capable. The only problem is that its $430 compared to $350 for the 3 cell. Then its like, well, for $50 more I could get the netbook that I actually wanted all along, which is the sexified Eee 1002HA. (actually the netbook that I REALLY want is the Asus S101, but thats WAY beyond what I would ever pay for a netbook.)

Added Poll.

Question: Do you think any of these netbooks will play WoW? I've played WoW with an old 2.2GHz celeron with onboard graphics and only 512mb of DDR ram, but I don't really know how these netbooks stack up performance wise.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

i don't know, but I do know how to find out! =p

1gb ram, 1.60ghz cpu, onboard graphics, who knows.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

It may run it at the very lowest settings. When I played my macbook ran it at the lower settings fine, but I couldn't deal with it for anything more than leveling up toons. Raiding, and even the new expansion, would more than likely be off limits if it did run the base game.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

my Eee is running WoW right now (albeit, very, very slowly, in dalaran right now, I don't get very good fps at all), so yes. It'll do it, but not well.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Not sure how I'm supposed to build credit if nobody will give me any! ><
    Sears. They're the best place to start building your credit.

I voted Asus, but I don't like any of them. The Acer One is pretty nice.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Thanks for the input everyone!

I wonder if adding another gig of ram will help it run WoW better at all? Couldn't hurt I suppose. Anyways...

I like the Wind, its a very nice looking netbook. The extra inch of screen space and at just about a pound lighter is nice, but overall not really that persuasive.

So I think I'm going to go with the Eee. It's not as pretty as the wind, but with 40GB more of HDD, multi-touch touchpad and that sweet 7 hours of battery life (I think 5 with everything turned on?), its just too tempting to pass up. That, and c'mon, just look at all the mods going on with Eee's! I need to get in on some of that action! Maybe make it less ugly looking? :p

Does anyone know what graphics processor its running? It's kind of funny that they don't list it. Not that it really matters or anything, just curious.