Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endless errors

Thumbs down Endless errors

Some of you may remember helping me out with a few BSOD errors a little while back. After leaving it a bit I updated my graphics drivers which seemed to solve the problem for a few weeks. Now they have come back again and am back to square 1 in terms of getting my system working again until, possibly, now.

Have just run MemTest86+ v1.7 for 2 hours and it came out with 8,192 errors. Now being very new to diagnosing problems I'm not entirely sure what this means. Firstly, does MemTest86+ fix RAM errors or just discover them? Secondly, with this huge number of errors does that simply mean that my RAM is just screwed and needs replacing or could it be a symptom of a problem with another part of the system such as the Northbridge or maybe even a software fault? Am getting pretty tired of this machine not working and not having any idea of how to solve it.
    'All I know is my gut says, "Maybe".'

Default Re: Endless errors

Have u tried with another PSU?

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Not yet am using a 700W PSU so wouldn't have thought it would have been the problem. Could it?

had a similar problem a long time ago: ended up it was a faulty PSU. It killed all my rig.

Did you have a series of BSODs before hand too? Have been getting a few DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop: 0x000000D1 PartMgr.sys errors and Stop:0x0000008E win32k.sys and same stop error with no particular file specified. I just need a PSU to test it with. An error with the PSU would make sense though as the problem only occurs (so far at least!) when the systems overclocked and stressed through games or stress tests and all temps are nothing extreme. Only components I don't know temps of are PSU and GPU and the GPU isn't overclocked.

Oh just had another crash. An anonymous error with STOP: 0x000000D1 caused by ACPI.sys. I have read that it has some relation to the motherboard and hard drive controllers? Any thoughts about this one?

Yes I was having BSOD problems. But the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error suspect a Driver error. Find an old version of Driver cleaner (new ones are not free) clean ur VGA drivers and reinstall them.

But still suspect the PSU

If someone has ram I'd try swapping that out and see if that fixes your problem. Also since you stated it was overclocked, put it all back to regular speeds and see if the problem occurs again. You could just be having a massive motherboard issue too with the harddrive controllers and the RAM but I could be off on that one.

Have been suspecting the GPU drivers for a while as a while back when I installed a new update for the 8800GT the problems seems to go away so I overclocked the system again for a few weeks before they started happening again. Have tried a driver cleaner and wiped away all the files I could and reinstalled the drivers but that hasn't made any difference unfortunately. With regards to RAM I don't know anyone with a PC of a similar spec (they all own crappy old Dell's and PS3s) so haven't got any to swap in. I killed the OC the other day back to stock and just after that was when I got the last BSOD caused by ACPI.sys, which I did mean to put in my last post.

I have had some problems with data getting misplaced on the HD when I've done disc check in the past and if ACPI.sys has something to do with HD controllers on the motherboard it is concerning me that I could have a faulty motherboard that is now out of warranty (typical!). Is there any way of checking the motherboard itself for errors?

my bro has just had the same issue the last few days, we found the problem was nvidia drivers causing the problem, reverted back to the last WHQL release of drivers and its been fine since.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!