View Poll Results: Which One Is/Will Be The Best?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • VISTA

0 0%
  • XP

9 36.00%
  • Windows7

16 64.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7?!?

Default Windows 7?!?

Which Do You Guys Think Would Be Better, Visa, XP Or Windows 7?
    Despite your intelligence, you’ll make a perfect soldier. Save the good ones for Harvard, and send the rest to die.

Default Re: Windows 7?!?

make a poll.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Yep, a poll would be nice. Go to thread tools and click add poll. ^_^

My vote goes toward Windows 7. I have a pretty good feeling about it for some reason. I'm getting kind of tired with boring old XP anyways, as reliable and fairly lightweight as it is. But I have a feeling that Windows 7, although will have plenty of bugs at first, will become the new preferred choice of OS, offering what XP offers and then so much more.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

@zephik, of course ya feel good about windows 7... its the aftermath of the latest beta test otherwise known as vista... just like win2k b4 XP.... they release a crappy excuse for an OS.. fix it up... and call it the next creation!
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Yea I kind of feel like Vista was the beta for Windows 7, so cheers to hoping that I'm basically right, which I kind of feel like I am. Windows 7 seems to be pretty much an advanced version of Vista so far.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I've been reading a lot about how W7 will not be an upgraded version of Vista. I don't think we would call 98 to XP just a simple upgrade, and yet those two operating systems work on the same architecture. For Vista, Microsoft rebuilt the architecture. W7 is built on the same architecture, but will not just be a re-release of a better version of Vista. That I can promise. People who have been demoing W7 all agree that they have taken the best elements from Vista, and included them in W7, but that it is a completely new Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I've been reading a lot about how W7 will not be an upgraded version of Vista.
    In all honesty Windows 7 is just Windows Vista SP2, and everything Windows Vista should have been. So, in that respect, Windows 7 is definitely the winner and I will be installing it for good shortly after it comes out. Microsoft "went back" to the 3 year OS turnaround in order to rebrand their system and get away from the Vista stigma.

In my opinion they have turned around really well though. Besides the flashy-ness of the OS (which I actually love), they went away from stupid product names, they created positive anticipation, they released a public beta to create more anticipation, and they are actually proving that they are listening to users as evidenced by the UAC, connectivity features, drivers, and the installation process. All in all, even if it is just Vista SP2, I'm very, very happy with it.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Vista SP2 is actually due soon enough (this year)
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Suffering from Multiple OS Disorder PartyLikeARockstar's Avatar

IMHO Windows 7 feels like Vista running KDE
    water-cooled m-atx: (sold)
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=15368
    Diary Of a Caffeine Junkie: Powered by Rockstar (dead)
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=13786