Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get one of these?

Default Where can I get one of these?

Does anyone know where I can buy some of these?

I have seen them with LEDs on the ends, but they are like 2-4 bucks a piece. I am just looking for the connector with the wires on the end. If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate it. I have tried googling for them but Im not sure what they are really called.. heh

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Where can I get one of these?

why don't you just buy the one with the led's on the end and cut the light bulbs off? Just a suggestion. I do it all the time.:p

Quote Originally Posted by richmandudeus
    why don't you just buy the one with the led's on the end and cut the light bulbs off? J
    Yah.. I thought about doing that but since I didnt really need the LED, and the majority of the cost in that setup should be the LED. I was hoping to get off a little cheaper Im probably going to need about 25 of them..

ATX Mental Case

where are you located? there is a place that you can get all of that stuff bare for cheap and make it yourself. it's Fry's Electronics. it's like a warehouse of everything you'd need to build a pc or circuit board or anything. but they are scattered everywhere and their website sucks and only serves to advertise their ISP division, but they list the locations of all the stores. we have a lot here in CA and there are a bunch in texas but other than that there are only 7 other stores in 7 different states. i drive about 30-45 mins to get to the one near me, but it's a great resource for all kinds of stuff like this.

http://www.frys.com/

they do sell some stuff through their partner site Outpost.com but it's only about 20% of what they have in-store, and only about 5% when it comes to the components department. hope this helps!
    where are you?

fact: different = abnormal
    observation: everyone is different, therefore everyone is abnormal
    conclusion: there is no normal, express yourself

Thanks for the info.. I have heard of Frys but unfortunately the closest one to me is Dallas, TX, which is about 4.5 hours away. I have a few friends in Dallas so I may be able to get one of them check it out for me. I will check out the website maybe I will get lucky.. Thanks again for the great info.. I knew there had to be some better resources out there..

Anodized

Although I'm working in Lubbock, I'm going back to Dallas at the end of the week for Christmas and I pass right by Frys (the location off of I-20 in Arlington) on the way to the casa.

Let me know if it works out with your friends. Otherwise I wouldn't mind looking for you. It would just be another reason to get me in that store... = )

That would be awsome.. I won't be able to check with my friends in Dallas till after the holidays, but don't go out of your way or make a special trip on my behalf.. If you end up there anyway I really would appreciate a look..

Thanks in advance and if you don't get there absolutely no worries..

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe
    ...special trip on my behalf..
    No worries bro. Any reason to get my wife to let me go into that wonderful store is a good reason to me.

I'll let you know what I find after the holidays. Expect a reply sometime around the 2nd or the 3rd in that I'll be really busy until then.

ATX Mental Case

Is it just me or is Fry's electronics like disneyland to a child. Atleast that's how i feel about it. There are 2 locations where i am at and both of them are about 10 mins away. I'll be glad to take a gander for yah and let you know what i turn up with. My girlfriends family gets me Fry's gift certificates every year for the holidays... It's like sending a child to disneyland unaddultured lol .

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by richmandudeus
    It's like sending a child to disneyland unaddultured lol .
    ...I think you mean unsupervised.