Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to uphold your new years resolution?

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default What are you doing to uphold your new years resolution?

So... We've all seen and maybe even posted in the thread about what our resolutions are, BUT... how are we going to achieve them?

As for me:

My goal was to dip below 300lbs. I'm 341 as of a week ago. My real goal is 275 but I'll settle for sub-300 if I need to.

I'm drinking less soda (I've had one 20oz bottle in the past five days, vs. 1-2L every day), eating better (smaller portions of stuff, more greenery in my diet, trying to stay away from processed foods and cooking more), and doing Judo. So I guess my main strategy is sweat/work it off.

The real question, though, is what are YOU doing to uphold your resolutions? What's your game plan?

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: What are you doing to uphold your new years resolution?

My resolution is basically to have a good year and to enjoy living as much as I can. I think I've been doing quite well. I've started drawing again, I've started keyboard lessons, I'm managing my hypoglycemia MUCH better than I used to, I'm starting classes (B-Term), I've reconciled a lot of things at home and am moving back down there, and a lot more. I figure that I don't know whether or not there is more after this life so why not enjoy it? All in all I'm working to become a better person and to be happier with myself. /jumbled mess, lol

ಠ_ಠ (random face, hehehe)

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

My goal is not to die.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    My goal is not to die.
    And how do you plan to do this?

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    So... We've all seen and maybe even posted in the thread about what our resolutions are, BUT... how are we going to achieve them?

As for me:

My goal was to dip below 300lbs. I'm 341 as of a week ago. My real goal is 275 but I'll settle for sub-300 if I need to.

I'm drinking less soda (I've had one 20oz bottle in the past five days, vs. 1-2L every day), eating better (smaller portions of stuff, more greenery in my diet, trying to stay away from processed foods and cooking more), and doing Judo. So I guess my main strategy is sweat/work it off.

The real question, though, is what are YOU doing to uphold your resolutions? What's your game plan?
    Ephedrine. You'll see 275 by the beginning of summer even if your exercise routine is late night gaming lol.

Anyways, my personal resolution was to be less of a procrastinator. So far I've stuck to my word by trying to make each day count as a step forward towards my goals. My current goal is simply getting into the Air Force. I graduated from a home school so they want me to complete a semester of college.

My schedule this week was to:

Deposit paycheck
    get money order for car payment
    send car payment and medical bill
    purchase school books
    orientations
    return ASVABS book
    file taxes
    return health education book
    meeting with councilor
    print/organize/file petition for refund
    READ: EC 1-40 WIN 1-40 FM 1-24 BEB 1-31 OFF 1-32 WD 1-44, unit 1 networking
    Complete: Case1, Case2
    tests
    discussions

etc... there's more but it's a little more step by step because with bigger tasks I like to check off "checkpoints" to help motivate myself. Plus there's other stuff I need to take care of that's just floating around in my head.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Ephedrine yeah i works but it is bad on your heart i am also overweight i lost 50lbs once know keeping it off is a diffrent story lol you r on the right track man one thing that helped me greatley was jogging or walking i started out at a mile over time you get up to 3 or 4 miles and its no sweat good luck man maybe i need to join you in the battle of the bulge .

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Being overweight is bad on your heart lol.

Also, the only reason the weight comes back with most crash dieters is because they quickly return to their old habits. That's a personal problem. Once you make the decision to be healthy as Omega has done, if he sticks with it... he sticks with it. Whether or not he uses diet pills to do so has nothing to do with it besides getting to the finish line faster but that's just my opinion.

Research ECA stacks if interested. If you're in the hypertension range, it's probably not a smart thing to do.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Colon Cleansing is the way to go. You'll drop 20+ in a few days! Make sure you have lots of reading material though.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Ugghhh, TGS bringing another horrible image lol.

Good job Omega! Keep it up and I'm sure you will reach your goal. As for me, I just wanted to allow myself to be a bit happier. This bar has taken too much from me, or better yet, I've allowed it to do so. Trying to think about the good things more than just what I can't do. So what if I can't be physically active like I used to be, I can still do stuff and enjoy the things I can do. The doctor's said my breathing is 20-40% under what it is supposed to be, but instead of getting down about it, just looking at it as it is more than it was the year before the surgery.

Another surgery coming up this summer to take the bar out. Instead of worrying about the slight risks, like hitting my heart/lungs or dieing or whatever, I've been thinking about what I can do afterward. The chances are so incredibly small it doesn't matter.

I guess I just decided to live my life, and be happy with it, until the bar comes out and I can relish in all the things I used to be able to do! By then I will be engaged, and will be able to run around and play ball again, and maybe go back to my roots and get back into martial arts again and teach. Who knows maybe I'll open my own school like I was set to before I got sick. So much ahead, so much to look forward to. I like my chances!

Anyway, tl:dr no problem. I'm just changing my outlook on life, and so far so good. Good luck to everyone else in their resolution stuggles!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post

As for me:

If you have an Xbox 360,PS3 or Wii...

http://www.gamercizeusa.com/

It also works on PC!