Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another bright star?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Another bright star?

Okay, this time this one is just pure white, a bit bigger and so intensely bright that it almost scared the crap out of me. lol I'm sad to admit the thought of "OMG! UFO!" crossed my mind. I mean hell, its bigger than an aircrafts light during the night and a lot brighter, it totally could be a stationary UFO! lol gotta stop watching scary movies.

Anyways, anyone know which one this one is? Same hemisphere, south-western, but a bit higher in the sky than the last one. Maybe its the same one? Doesn't look like it though, the last one wasn't as bright or as big and it was blinking blue/white whereas this one is just pure white with no blinking.

Man I really wish I had a telescope right now. I don't ever remember seeing such bright stars before! I guess I never really took the time to look up at the night sky. Well, I still don't actually, they're just so bright that it catches my attention.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Another bright star?

By the way, anyone know of a good telescope for under $150? This could totally be a hobby I could enjoy getting into! The night sky is breathtaking sometimes, can't imagine what it would be like if i could see everything up closer!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

You need to stop painting indoors man.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

^Hahahaha, yeah, youre just getting the effects of the fumes Zephik

Tbh, no idea what it would be, but then again, i dont know sh*t about the sky, 'cept its blue :/

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLERMAN21 View Post
    ^Hahahaha, yeah, youre just getting the effects of the fumes Zephik

Tbh, no idea what it would be, but then again, i dont know sh*t about the sky, 'cept its blue :/
    Except at night, then its black. :p

Psh, fumes my butt. Its a UFO I tell you!

Actually I'm preparing to move out of my apartment so I've been a bit sleep deprived lately. But thats beside the point! The point is, there is a UFO outside my house and I swear to god if I see a little green alien thing pop its head into my window, I'm going to immediately go into epileptic shock and have a heart attack. lol

Anyone live near Zephik and has a blow up alien?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Anyone live near Zephik and has a blow up alien?
    lmao
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Werewolves and Aliens. Two things that if you could ever make me think were real, I would probably start to cry. lol

+rep to a few of you

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Apparently someone gave me +rep... and hates me too!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!