Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just some of my photography.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Just some of my photography.

Looking at some of these brings back memories of me being young in photography and working for minutes to hours to get the photo to look exactly how I wanted it to. Now I turn out so much sports, wedding, events, and real estate stuff that mainly focus on getting the perfect histogram at the end of each shot that I feel I have lost some of my creativity. Some of the above shots produced WOW moments from me when I first saw them on the computer screen.

Ansel Adams often said that out of the tens of thousands of photos he took in his life there were only a handful that he considered to be truly great. I often think about that comment and am a bit humbled by it. It was these WOW moments for him that made this profession his passion. While I have only had a few of those moments myself it still is what drives me to constantly better myself.

Sports photography is 60% of my income and I do love it. I do miss the free time I used to have where I would just grab my camera, fill my tank with fuel, and drive to a random remote location and shoot until I had a photo that made my day and time spent worth it. A lot can be learned in that day solo photo taking. While it is fun to shoot with someone else its those days spent by your self where you search deep inside your mind for something new and challenging. So I encourage everyone to get out with their camera be it a small point and shoot or a Pro level DSLR like my 1D and just fill up a card or 2 with shots of the things around you.

Oh yea.... Thanks for the comments guys.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Very nice man

Thanks guys

looking way nice. love the one of the fly's eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Hey this is absolutely awesome! I love the fireworks pictures, can you give me some tips on how you took those?

I have tried tons of things for fireworks pictures, almost everything. I did different settings, even left the shutter open for an extra few seconds to capture the tail of the firework. Nothing seems to make a good picture.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Excellent photography. Such vibrant and awesome colors. It would be awesome if you were to have desktop-sized versions of some of those because I"m always looking for cool stuff to use.

ATX Mental Case gamer_from_aust's Avatar

The photo with the car in it the background is black and white while the car is in colour how do you that?
    I hope he had a few beers to blame it on....

Picking up girls at a videogame store? sigh...... a gamer's dream

Quote Originally Posted by knowledgegranted View Post
    Hey this is absolutely awesome! I love the fireworks pictures, can you give me some tips on how you took those?

I have tried tons of things for fireworks pictures, almost everything. I did different settings, even left the shutter open for an extra few seconds to capture the tail of the firework. Nothing seems to make a good picture.
    For those I had the camera set on a tripod. Lens was a Canon 50mm f/1.8. My shutter speed was set to bulb. Aperture was @ f/22, ISO 100 and I was manually closing the shutter with an electronic shutter release. The exposure time ranged from 2-8 seconds. depending on how many burst I wanted to capture in the image. It takes practice and is much easier to do with a DSLR. I have seen it done with a point and shoot though.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Excellent photography. Such vibrant and awesome colors. It would be awesome if you were to have desktop-sized versions of some of those because I"m always looking for cool stuff to use.
    What are you wanting to do with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_from_aust View Post
    The photo with the car in it the background is black and white while the car is in color how do you that?
    There are many many ways to do selective color but I find that the best and most precise way is to use the lasso tool in photoshop to select the part you want to retain the color. Then smothe the selection by a few pixels. Now inverse the selection. The next step is to feather the selection by 1 or 2 pixels depending on your image size. Not lastly use photoshops black and white feature (CS3, CS4) to remove the color from your selection. Use the sliders to get the B&W just right and then Ctrl+D to remove the marching ants. Now you have the major work done. Hit Ctrl+U to bring up huge / saturation. and bump the saturation up a notch or so. And there you have it.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I just like having pretty things as my desktop. I very seldomly edit them for personal use too (usually as a desktop, lol). (I'm an artist myself and don't misuse other peoples' work)