Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you doing to uphold your new years resolution?

Default Re: What are you doing to uphold your new years resolution?

My new year's resolution to avoid making resolutions is going swimmingly, not so much as a hiccup!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Colon Cleansing is the way to go. You'll drop 20+ in a few days! Make sure you have lots of reading material though.
    I have four years of Sport Compact Car under the sink in the bathroom. Plenty of material.

Quote Originally Posted by noopypoop View Post
    If you have an Xbox 360,PS3 or Wii...

http://www.gamercizeusa.com/

It also works on PC!
    Psh, real exercise > anything a Wii Fit or this nonsense could do. Srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    My new year's resolution to avoid making resolutions is going swimmingly, not so much as a hiccup!
    If your resolution is to not make resolutions, you've failed for making the resolution to not make them.

PARADOX, OH SNAP

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by noopypoop View Post
    If you have an Xbox 360,PS3 or Wii...

http://www.gamercizeusa.com/

It also works on PC!
    i would get one so i have the benefit of exercise then jump out the switch that prevents you from playing so i won't have to keep using it. win win!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

I was going to set some resolutions, and then TGS posted that he doesn't believe in them, and he sets goals instead. I realized after reading that that I do the same thing.

Having said that, goals this year include starting a business (paperwork will be sent in on Friday), getting my main website geared towards said business (in progress) and getting Network+ and Security+ added to my growing collection of IT certifications.

That's the short list. The long list is quite lengthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Also, I wouldn't use drugs to drop weight. Not only is it not a good idea for health reasons (yeah, I'd lose weight, but I'd pick up a myriad of health problems according to wikipedia, and, well, I don't want that), but there's another factor at play.

Pride. If I'm gonna drop this weight I want to earn my way. When I'm done, I want to be able and think back and say that I didn't just take some pill and sit back playing WoW, I got off my arse, told myself I'd do it, came up with a game plan and followed through, and I could be proud of that. Also, the martial arts knowledge I'm gaining, I wouldn't get from taking some pill and plopping down to play some WoW.

I'm a huge believer in earning your way through things, and weight loss is one of them. No miracle/fad diets for me, no drugs or medication, just commitment, exercise, and eating less crap. It's a tried and true recipe so why deviate.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    If your resolution is to not make resolutions, you've failed for making the resolution to not make them.

PARADOX, OH SNAP
    Oh crikey! You're right!!! Damn you new years!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Well I didn't actually mean to sit and play WoW instead of doing that stuff... I was just saying what is possible without doing anything so it'd be way more effective with your plan.

None of those adverse effects are true except "nausea, appetite loss" and you only get sick to your stomach if you take it on an empty stomach. The other true side effects are increased urine output and of course restlessness but that's only if you're stupid enough to take it within 4 hours of sleep. Almost forgot, I haven't had a pimple for years.

On top of that, you'd only be taking 30mg... not the "approved maximum daily dosage of 150mg." (wiki)

Please don't look at my posts as trying to push it on you. I'm just posting to give you the correct information in case you do decide. Even if you are absolutely reluctant on taking it, I'd rather you at least be informed.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler