Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Building an HTPC or hack up a pc?

Default Re: Building an HTPC or hack up a pc?

I would like to see a pop-up LCD. One that is concealed at the top of the case.
    Would be even better if it popped up automatically or was motorized
    by a linear actuator, and activated with a membrane switch or software.

ATX Mental Case

I agree with that extra room you could get a flip out touch screen. and maybe a fan speed controller?
    Whatever can light up, should light up brightly and in many different colors.

Custom Title Honors

I don't know anything about them or how they work.

But what about where the monitor would be in the front, there is the aluminum panel there. When you turn it on, the panel flips up (or have a garage door effect) and then the monitor slides up to the front of the case? lol

The fan controller, I can do or buy.

Any actuators that don't cost in the 150's?

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

ATX Mental Case

What you do if find one that was designed for a car. Google Car PC flip out touch screen, and you should find something made by lilput.

Custom Title Honors

they don't look that hard to build. I saw a post with sketchup pictures and ones people made. The only part would be the controller and getting it to work correctly.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

ATX Mental Case

its not to hard at all, just time consuming, so i myself would rather just buy one haha.

Custom Title Honors

What about 3MM? Is that going to be too thick? I am able to get "as much as I need" for free but its 3MM or 1/8" thick.

ATX Mental Case

I don't see why you couldn't work with it, it will be heavier than expected, and it will be a bit harder to work with, but free off sets all the extra work!

MIke

Custom Title Honors

Hopefully it won't be too heavy. I still want to be able to put this on the entertainment shelf without breaking anything. If I keep the one a friend and I built, I don't see a problem as it's made of 3/4" Plywood. It's most of the store bought ones I would worry about with their laminate and particle board. lol Thanks

Oh and about working with the metal. A co-worker has access to a metal shop with hydraulic brake presses and he said I could give him the sheets and where and what I want bent and he could take it in for me.

Update-
    According to http://www.matweb.com/tools/weightcalculator.aspx, it is going to weigh approx. 25LBS before anything is added to it. yikes! lol But still not as bad as the case I am using now.

ATX Mental Case

25 pounds is nothing. My fully loaded CM stacker is more than that!

Mike