Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Building an HTPC or hack up a pc?

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Building an HTPC or hack up a pc?

There was Warcraft 2 for Win 98 i think that I got addicted to... none of that WoW stuff.. I pm'd you about it.. It's time to leave work though and I still cant get here from home, so I will have to check tomorrow for any updates.

Thanks again!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

ATX Mental Case

Vista is awesome if you have the resources to run it. If you do go with vista, I highly suggest having more ram. Otherwise Vista home premium or ultimate is perfect! You could also give linux a shot with myth tv...if you want to try something free...
    Whatever can light up, should light up brightly and in many different colors.

Custom Title Honors

Might have to look into Linux with Myth TV.. sounds interesting. Is there a specific distro of Linux since I know there are so many. Free is always good! especially if it works

Thanks guys!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

oh yeah, I completely forgot about myth TV.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

ATX Mental Case

I would use either ubuntu, fedora 10, or opensuse 11. They are all great distros!

Custom Title Honors

i've played around a little with Suse 10.2. I imagine it's probably the same but with updated software/hardware support? I will have to dl and try them out.

Thanks!

nevermind- Check your pm.

ATX Mental Case

I myself am a huge fan of Fedora, but open suse 11.1 looks really cool too! then there's always ubuntu....

But yes, dl them and check out which you like best. then go from there....better start the open suse first, it will take a while lol.

MIke

Fresh Paint

I would recommend Ubuntu or Fedora.

Fedora Download
    Ubuntu Download

Both of them are free and easy to use + install.

ATX Mental Case

there's also a version of ubuntu with myth tv built in, i believe it's called mythbuntu.

ATX Mental Case

there's also a version of ubuntu with myth tv built in, i believe it's called mythbuntu.