Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For a New TV

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Looking For a New TV

My mom has decided to invest in a large Flat screen TV. I have been researching for a few days and would like to know what you use and how you like it. Our budget is under 850 USD and would like to get it at bestbuy.SO if they have it at bestbuy I would be super happy. Thank you guys +rep to those who give me some help.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Looking For a New TV

Quote Originally Posted by killergamer View Post
    My mom has decided to invest in a large Flat screen TV. I have been researching for a few days and would like to know what you use and how you like it. Our budget is under 850 USD and would like to get it at bestbuy.SO if they have it at bestbuy I would be super happy. Thank you guys +rep to those who give me some help.
    I think you want an LCD or plasma. Flat screen could also be a CRT with a flat screen. I think Toshiba and Sony have some of the best TVs. How about this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218011400290 The one that I have is only 720p, and it still looks great. It was the best looking one (37"), except for the 1080p version of it, which, at the time, was well over $2000.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Sorry your right I want it to be either LCD or Plasma. Isent there a rule were your not supposed to play video games on Plasmas or has that changed with the new ones?
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Only LCD TVs are immune to screen burn in. So on plasma and tube (CRT) TVs, you don't want to have a static image displayed in the same place constantly for many hours. You can still play games on them, though.
    Help my mini city
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.

OK then what are the good LCD tv's you guys own plz I would like to head out sat or sun to pick it up.

What do you think of the one that I linked to?
    Help my mini city

You might think of getting a Vizio, believe it or not they are actually owned by sony now. Or so the rumor goes. Bigger screen for less money with the same quality I think as some of the bigger names. I bought my 32" almost 2 years ago at wal mart and other then the fact that its too small it has survived everything we have thrown at it, including a little decorating by my daughter and it was only 540.00.

I got the go ahead for Walmart tv's too...lol any ways I like the one you linked I had thought that was nice when I looked at earlier. I think its funny that right at the same time I read the Vizio my mom had metioned it. So far thanks to you guys. Does any one have this TV?

Custom Title Honors

Personally I prefer Samsung over most TV's unless its an awesome deal.

Note- Most Tv's (not sure on DLP) are susceptible to burn in if left on astatic image like a menu or game pause too long. I believe it is most LCD's (not sure on plasma) that have an "eraser" built into them to eliminate the "burn in". That has happened to our LCD several times which is actually several yrs old now and we have not had any issues with it.

I can't say for the newer models but what abut Olevia? We have had ours for about 3yrs now. It's only a 27" widescreen and 720P but it was the biggest I could find under 1K at the time. This thing has been on almost constantly and we have not had any issues. We have even managed to have "burn in" happen on several occasions with our kids leaving it on. Once we turned it off and let it cool down, turn it back on, and it was good to go again. I am sure I have seen them at BB and Walmart before but couldnt find them online at either store.

only Olevia I could find at walmart was a 55" 1080P for 1300 which then "said not sold online"
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10391538

Good Luck and happy TV hunting!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

LCDs can get "stuck" pixels, but if you do, there's programs that can usually fix them. Stuck pixels aren't necessarily from leaving the same thing on the screen for long periods of time. Anyway, I've never got any. My friends have never had any burn in problems on their plasma TVs, and I've never had any burn in issues with my CRTs, although, if you go to an arcade, there will be older machines with serious burn in.
    Help my mini city