Page 1 of 64 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Overclocked

Default Lamborghini X2

Yes, another ASUS Mod.
    Bought the DFI Intel and AMD Mobo's. Haven't decided which yet, but leaning towards the new AMD 60. And the AMD is SLI ready, which I want to do again. So ... we'll see.

Original Case:

Intel Mobo:

Or on the top the DFI AMD:

I'm going to mod this by putting a hood scoop blow hole on the top.

Using a SilenX 120mm fan. This will also have an amber LED shinning through the hood scoop (which will have a mesh cover - bought from MNPCTech.com).

This will be hard because of the curve of the top piece. But doable.
    Unlike the great work from Tech-Daddy. This will be a small scoop because of the flip top. But I think will fit just right to this case.

Going to use Lite glass for this.

Back of top with fan temp mounted with rubber screws. And top and front partially sanded.

Closeup

Front and bottom closeup.

Left Side panel:

Here will be a Lamborghini window put in. Temp tape to see if it looks right.
    I will bondo the side blower since this will be water cooled. And the top blow hole will be added. The 3 prong case opener will be replaced with a brushed aluminum 3.2" bike spinner.

The other side of the case will be a little surprise I've never seen before. And will wait to tell you about it when it's ready.

Case Stripped:

Closeup of stripped case:

Work Area and extra crap shown:

From other side with test PSU.

Paints that will be used.

Going for Pearl white interior and blond leather trim.
    And a Cherry Red topped with a Pearl Red exterior. Going for a two tone red.

Trusty Compressor. Waiting for new super-duper airbrush gun to come in.

Some parts already here:

D5 Pump

AquaBay Res

AquaBay Rad - I may not use this. But go for the DD rad and place on back 120mm fan hole. OR ... if I can fit it to top blow hole between plastic and case. Will order DD rad anyway to see if I can.

Vortec 600w PSU. Decided on this because it fits my theme of red and white. And already sleeved with quick release molex plugs in RED (yeah )

I may paint pearl red. But hate to mess up beautiful black case.

That's it for now. Waiting for new Dremel 400. Already have the jig attachment. But may use a regular jig for this. With this case you have to cut twice. Once in plastic shell, then the metal case. I'll fill between the two for sound proofing. And have an extension covered with blond leather between the plastic and case for each sides window to give it a beautiful trimmed look.

Also waiting for amber LEDs for top. And front intakes. Next step will be installing amber LEDs and fiber-glassing the hood scoop, side blow hole, and over the ASUS imprinted logos. Then ... the cutting

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

cool, looks nice. Glad to see one of these babies get modded. Funny how ive never seen one done, and 2 have started up in one week.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by public_eyesore
    cool, looks nice. Glad to see one of these babies get modded. Funny how ive never seen one done, and 2 have started up in one week.
    Yeah, I thought it was time to do an ugly beast and make it cool. Inspired by mnpctech Stingray and Tech-Daddy Boss 57, I thought why not start with an auto case but go luxury instead of muscle? Lets see how it turns out ...

Overclocked

Well ... look what came a knocking just after I uploaded the last shots.

The Dremel 400, & Cutter.

And ... the smoked Plexi (see-thru) I'm going to use for the windows.

It even came with a CD.

To show you the double cut involved. Plastic shell and case door plastic snaps to.

And the SilenX fans I'm going to use.

You won't see this fan, so I'll leave it stock. But will be adding amber LEDs under scoop to shine out (I'll add a PCI switch to turn on-off LEDs)
    Scoop hole will have mesh.

Some sound proofing. I may not use this. The thicker stuff from mncptech might work better?

And to top it off. The Musketeer with round gauges to give it an auto look.
    BUT ... only the gauges will be used. The gauge case will be chopped and custom made with black leather face, or blond ... not decided yet.

Lots of other goodies coming soon. Still waiting on amber LEDs so I can start on hood scoop.

This looks like it's going to be cool, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    This looks like it's going to be cool, can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Me too

Overclocked

Now both holes are almost finished for the hood scoop.

Guess which one did the hole?

Yup, Chicago did. Tip ... don't forget to put the auger in the hole cutter first.
    See the skip marks. Glad I remembered with the plastic top cover
    But since the plastic covers the case, we cool

The PSU is right under the scoop, so I'm going to cut out where I have it taped, so it functions a little And the hood scoop will still cover it all.

Tried the new Dremel jig attachment, and if I didn't already have the Chicago, it would work pretty well. I can see it happening for other cuts needed later on though. Like the two windows.

Here is the cut RC truck wheel for a rear fan grill. BUT ... too much of this is being taken from others, so ... I think I'll use something else instead. And ... use the cut wheel rim for a chrome blow hole duct instead.

Some billet fan grills and a billet intake plate from mncptech.

Again ... not to sure I'm going to use them on this one. Maybe on top inside of the case with the intake billet to trim it off.

Both sizes of filters (4" & 6"). Once again. Decided not to use them on this.

I've decided to go with an aluminum sheet cover over the whole mobo that looks like a Lamborghini engine. Raised a few inches for cooling. That will be some work to get it to look like the engine. But I think worth it.

That's it for today ... still waiting for the amber LEDs. And I want to make sure everything will fit right before I do the scoop.

I Loooove a good car mod... and you got the great basics! I cannot wait to see how this all comes together!

Considering it looks like you and I use the same vendors for almost everything!
    AutoAir for the paint, and airbrush depot for the compressor and brush equip, then I saw Delvie's plastics on your supplier...

hehehe, great minds think alike!
    /subscribed!

ATX Mental Case

A great car mod is started. Hoo rah!

If you want, I can send you some pics and such of the lambo door hinges on my car so that you can try and put them on a case, if not, I'm going to do that someday.

Oh yeah... Lambo doors on a computer case

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    I Loooove a good car mod... and you got the great basics! I cannot wait to see how this all comes together!

Considering it looks like you and I use the same vendors for almost everything!
    AutoAir for the paint, and airbrush depot for the compressor and brush equip, then I saw Delvie's plastics on your supplier...

hehehe, great minds think alike!
    /subscribed!
    hehe, yeah. I actually checked out your photo to see which filter you used. Decided against using it on this mod though (it does belong on a muscle car only). I'll save the filter for a 71 Cuda I want to do The one muscle car I did own. It was 24 yrs old when my brother gave it to me. But it was in great shape and I miss it. I'm going with an aluminum mobo cover on this one. Hopefully, I can make it look like an engine. And make it workable for air-flow. I have a few ideas on other things I think may even surprise you.

I watch everything you, Defyant, and mnpctech do religiously And a few other up and comers