Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Project : BossFX-57

Overclocked

Default Re: Project : BossFX-57

Sooo sweet dude... I hope you are going to mod a screen, your headphones and your speakers with it

zomg.. just got an idea for speakers.. if you have small round speakers, you could build them in shape of speedometer!! Round classic style!

Question about your CD drive.. how do you open it with this kind of panel sticked to it? I am planning to do the same thing with my comp, but can'T logically find a way to make it open without a software.. or making more holes and buttons everywhere.. thats not what I wanna do.

Anyway, keep on the hard work!!!

I sanded the front panel down to where it was fairly thin, then used double stick mounting tape (spongy, and very sticky on both sides). I layered 2 pieces on top of one another, and stuck the panel on that double layer of mounting tape.

On the lower right corner, I took a small rectangle of 1/8" acrylic and hot glued it into the back of the panel (so that I had a slightly raised surface over the eject button.

With the front piece mounted on flexable foam, the front panel has a little give. Just enough to press on the lower right corner of the panel covering the optical drive. That piece of acrylic on the back acts as a spacer to make contact with the eject button when the corner is pressed.

Make sense?

Rankenphile

Clever, but I wonder how it will hold up over time. Most likely just fine, but I'm just saying - it's not the most reliable mechanical connection. Nice work, though.

A piece of artwork as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Clever, but I wonder how it will hold up over time. Most likely just fine, but I'm just saying - it's not the most reliable mechanical connection. Nice work, though.
    Nope... it is not. however, in my experience, if the surfaces are clean, the mounting tape will hold for the life of the mod without a problem. Plus, I needed the flexability of the mounting solution that would "flex" to allow for the button push without breaking the adhesion point.

ATX Mental Case

You continue to amaze and inspire. My Chevy case is sitting behind my monitor right now with the side panel off right now. I need to get a new keyboard for it and then I can finish the thing (Windows and associated programs).

As always, your mods are clean, simple, and very effective. One of the best builds that I have seen so far and will probably see for a while.

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    Nope... it is not. however, in my experience, if the surfaces are clean, the mounting tape will hold for the life of the mod without a problem. Plus, I needed the flexability of the mounting solution that would "flex" to allow for the button push without breaking the adhesion point.
    Good points all. I love how the project turned out.

What do you have left to do before you can call this one done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Good points all. I love how the project turned out.

What do you have left to do before you can call this one done?
    Hood scoop clean up on the inside (a bit too rough for my liking as well as better paint coverage) as well as some touchup on the outside to deepen some of the color coverage externally.

BTW.... "Thank You" for the front page link! Quite flattering to be featured here!
    *tips hat*

Rankenphile

No problem

Thanks for posting such a great worklog on such a cool project.

****in' killer man. Exemplary.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.