Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : BossFX-57

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Project : BossFX-57

Nice work there As said before wicked choice of colour love it

Test mounted the PS with the spacers in place so that the fan fit properly, yay!!! Also looke d pretty cool too!

Having to rethink the power cabling.

Not getting rid of it, but I underestimated the space left after the power supply and the optical drive were added in (plus the drop of the cieling due to the blow hole fan firing in to the scoop...)

So... I have to relocate the cable attachments. And since I will not have anything located in the lower 5.25 bays, I'm going to take 2 of them and build a minimalist drive bay attachment (think like a bay cover for the front bezel, except it will face the back) 2 bays used space. I'll cut a hole into the side of the 2 lower 5.25 bays and feed the power cables through that. Solder them on, and have my plug panel facing out into the open area, and cables will be run from there to their respective devices.

This placement will also put the mobo 4pin Molex (next to the PCI-E slots) and the 4 pin AUX connector within easy reach and it should proove to be an entertaining cable path!

Work done tonight. Remember, I'm going for a vehicle type of feel.

Taking a page from Lupine, I was soo happy with the cabling redirection, I think I'll use a similar technique here. Except this time, the ATX motherboard power bundle will stay out here and not get fed through.

The individual bundles ranked according to where they are on the cable hole of the power supply. I tried to back trace all of the cables and order the various bundles according to whether or not they returned to the top or the bottom of the bundle @ the power supply.

Looming on the cables and routed back to the hole. I'm not trying to disguise anything here. I wanted it to have a "piped" feel to it. Maybe sparkplug wires, or the vacuum tubing that is all under the hood.

And the cascade of cables on the back side of the motherboard.

some will be kept as is, and others will be butchered and reallocated to other power needs.

Trying to get some paint to dry tonight so that I can get some of the long "time" items done while I grab a bit of shut eye in a bit.

1st thing that I knew I had to get done tonight was the front bezel.

When I pulled the tape, I realized that the left side was not masked properly. Missed it on the pre-paint inspection. Now I have to re-mask the grey/black area, and paint this stripe, without creating a run... grrr....
    Oh well...

Other than that, and a few oversprays that hit the tops of the grey areas from behind (another numbskull moment, I masked for paint from the front... totally did not cover the holes for paint coming from the back side! *headsmack smiley* )

Both of these should be easily fixable.

Paint is fixed and drying. Next id to get the bottomw of the top manel with the scoop and paint it gloss black (to match with the powdercoating of the frame.

My cable interface bracket.

I've cut a hole behind this bracket that faces the back side of the case, and fed the wires through that hole. I'll then clip the power cables and attach them to the recepticles that will be mounted in the bracket.

Back out to the garage!

Lunch to Dinner pics...

Underside of the scoop. (this is actually painted now)

Custom feet created for this computer. Start with a acrylic block, put it on a spindle, and put a file to it! I did not want round, but square did not sit with the curves that are predominant in the striping and window. So, I blended them! I plan on covering these with the chrome vinyl.

Meteor light controllers: (before and after... no pansy ass blue going in here!)

The wall that will have the UV light firing though it's edge:

(*NOTE*- this was the begining of a very serious problem that ended up costing me about 1 day of work... it was sickening... -TD )

getting much closer to full realization!

I have a little bit of touchup to do to the front Bezel, and I'm redux'ing my power lines that were already done.

I'm not adding in additional jacks to attempt to handle the proper grounding. The only 2 that will not have all of their ground lines are the SATA connector (which will have a optical drive and an older SATA drive) and the P4 AUX connector (12v x2, Ground x1 <normally 2>).

That looks cool. I now want to rewire the wires in this computer like that...... except the case is too small and the PSU leads are too short (PSU is designed for a shuttle and not a Micro ATX.... but it wasn't been used at the time when the old PSU blew up....), but I think I can do some other stuff to fix it's problems (including getting some rounded IDE cables and a much better HSF).

Any how... it's looking great.... can't wait for the next update!!

ATX Mental Case

that's coming out nice man....sweet paint job....nice and slick can't wait to see more!!
    where are you?

fact: different = abnormal
    observation: everyone is different, therefore everyone is abnormal
    conclusion: there is no normal, express yourself

Looking GREAT!!! Can't wait to see the final product!!