Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinuskurve

Default Sinuskurve

Hello my name is Dominic Heiße. I´m a 19 years old modder from Germany and I study product-design at the Bauhaus University. In my first post here in the forum I want to present you my Casemod Sinuskurve.

Target was to build a PC which has a simple and simultaneous elegant form. Moreover all should go well together, that means the hardware too. Short to say, the PC should be similar to the design of Dieter Rams or Jonathan Ive.

Well at first some impressions of the finished case…

…how you could see shine the Case in different colors. This was very important for me, and so I solder together more than 1300 LEDs. Unfortunately I didn´t know about the advantages of RGB LEDs so in the case are LEDs in 6 different colors (blue, green, white, pink, red and yellow). The LEDs were controlled by a relaycard which is connected via USB with the PC. Only for the LEDs and their control I needed over 200 meters of cable.
    Another important thing for me was the watercooling. The radiator which is in the back of the case is selfmade and has a surface of 5 square meters. The fins are aluminum and the tube through which the water flows is chopper. The radiator weighs about 8 kg. Beside the radiator the reservoir is also selfmade. It´s a tube made of Plexiglas with a diameter of 12cm. In this big tube is a smaller tube which has only a diameter of 1.5cm. This tube is in form of a sine curve an in this are mini holes (0,5mm) through the water squirt into the big tube.

Well the base frame of the case is made of Plexiglas, so the edges shine. Over the Plexiglas are 2mm aluminum sheets which are powder coated. The two side elements are made of GRP (glass fibre reinforced plastic) by me. In the front are 5 buttons (power, reset, tft on/off, light on/off and DVD drive out). In the top is a 10” tft which is connected with the graphic card. “Around” the whole case are black Allen screws which are on the one hand for stabilizing and on the other hand for better design.

After this text, full of mistakes (sorry for my bad English), here some more pictures…

For all how wanted to know what is inside of the “Sinuskurve” here the hardware that I installed

Mainboard: Asus P5E with Innovatek Cool-Matic MBX
    Graphic card: XFX 8800GT 640M with Innovatek Cool-Matic - 8800GT (modded, because XFX hasn´t the referenzdesign of Nvidia)
    RAM: Corsair TwinX 2x 1GB
    PSU: Corsair 550W with selfmade cable management
    DVD-drive: slimline, slot in
    HDD: 3 x 200GB

And here some figures

dimensions (HxBxL): 73cm x 43cm x 52cm
    wight: 35kg
    time to build: 800 hours (1 year)
    material costs: 2000€ (with hardware)

Well I hope I could give you a little impression of my work. If you have questions please ask me and I´ll give you as soon as possible an answer. And if you want that I show you some other Cases that I build you have only to say something.

At least two pictures to the theme “Sine curve vs. Audi R8” and here you could see the dimensions of the PC, too

Default Re: Sinuskurve

Welcome to TBCS Dominic and thank you for accepting our invitation. We'd love to see all of the projects you have that you are willing to share with us, and even better, the process of building them. That is one great mod, I saw pictures of it in one of the competitions you were in. Thanks again for sharing your work with us!

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

That looks amazing, i love the shape of it and the way you have the res. I cant wait to see more from you.
    Will

Stunning. That's about the only thing I can say that won't get my post deleted.

I thought I was looking at potential renders for the case until your closeups of the hardware inside. Simply phenomenal work. We're all looking forward to seeing what else you have in store...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I gave you reputation too. At this rate you're gonna have two green squares, all from one post...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    I thought I was looking at potential renders for the case until your closeups of the hardware inside. Simply phenomenal work. We're all looking forward to seeing what else you have in store...
    My thoughts exactly! I was like "damn, this is going to be sweet! ...wait a minute... thats not a render, thats real! Damn!".

Very impressive work, quite the piece of art. +rep
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

glad to see this mod overhere! thx for sharing

and yeah its an amazing machine. great build!
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Welcome. I thought it was a render too. Awesome job! Can't wait to see more.

Welcome to the site! Very impressive case. I look forward to what you come up with in the future. I would be very interested in seeing a project log if you build another case.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Welcome to TBCS! Very nice case you have built there. Its nice to see a case that is NOT so "boxy-squareish". I like the curves and it actually gives me some ideas for some future cases. " I'll give you a rep for sure!.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

that things beautiful! +rep