Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you use for computer audio?

Overclocked

Default What do you use for computer audio?

Me I'm using a hometheater system put 1000 into it.. and that's on staff it would of cost me 3000 retail.. I went from the logitech e5300 or e6300 they weren't bad but what a diffrence once doint this I'll never go back then agian I wall mounted the 7.1 audio system

Sony str-dg800
    Energy c100 center
    Energy c100 times 3 pairs (wall mounted)
    Polk audo 10 inch sub (was 399.. got it for 90 with tax inculded)

Now it just pounds like crazy if I want it to left 4 dead with it is fun...
    Last edited by SgtM; 02-22-2009 at 05:34 AM.

Default Re: What do you use for compter audio?

I'll bite.

Realtek ALC882 onboard, connected to an Altec Lansing 2.0 set (ACS21W) and a 2.1 Harman/Kardon setup with one dead speaker (I just use it for its "subwoofer")

Gonna hook up a Zenith turntable/cassette deck with a couple GE speakers of no particular merit once I get/make a couple cables.

Earbuds go through the ALs and are Skullcandy "Ink'd" (what's with ridiculous names for earbuds?); they're decent for what they are. I've got a set of Sony MDR-V150 'phones that I'd use if the plastic earpiece-holding clip thing hadn't broken; gotta re-re-glue that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I've got an ASUS XONAR DX PCIe card and a Logitech 2.1 setup (can't remember the name). It works for what I use it for (music and occasional game).

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I use onboard 8-channel audio, but it's only run through 2 speakers, JBL Pro desktop speakers that came with a Compaq computer made sometime in the Paleolithic era. I have a good set of Panasonic headphones when needed. Both of them sound excellent to me, but I'm technically "hearing impaired", so spending money on better equipment would be a waste.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I am currently using an M-Audio USB Mobile Pre to feed a Sonic Impact Super T-Amp, which is pushing a pair of Merril Zigmahornets.

On Tuesday I am receiving an X-FI Music pci card, which has a much better SNR than the M-Audio does. I'll post results once I get it.

I made the speaker cables and inter connects from cat5 cable and high quality jacks. (3% silver solder too)

For music, all my cds are ripped to lossless quality, and played back through Foobar2000.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the quality of audio for music I use. Preferably .flac but I also settle for 320kbps on my mp3 player. I have a COWON D2 4GB with a 16GB SDHC card and a nice pair of Skullcandy earphones. Talk about some amazing schtuff for a reasonable price right there. That mp3 player has such awesome settings and an interface that actually makes sense, lol. I just wish I knew how to make a playlist that didn't require me to go to each song and add it lol. ><

X-Fi Titanium Pro (the native PCI-E version) + Creative Inspire T5400 5.1 speaker setup. I couldn't stand the 2+2 channel audio that my motherboard has, so I bought the second discrete audio card that I've ever owned (for a desktop that is, I have one of those X-Fi things for laptops so that I can have optical out on it).

Glad I waited for Creative to sort out some of their Vista X-Fi problems, not a single issue with their Win7 beta drivers. The X-Fi is definitely better than the onboard 6 channel sound I had before (which I used in favor of my Live! card as it was only 4 channel sound).

I'm too lazy to make up my own playlists anymore so music wise, it's Shoutcast internet radio on Foobar2000. Otherwise everything else I ripped and conforms to the Uberstandard for MP3 VBR.

I have onboard, and that's what I'll use until I can afford a new computer, then I'll get some PCI-E X-Fi (not made by creative).
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

I have a creative X-Fi Extreme Audio soundcard with my 5.1 Logitech G15 speakers, the bass is Amazing, when everbodies sleeping i use my sennheiser Pmx 60 headphones
    Will

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

As I'm at school right now, I'm using the SupremeFX card that came with my mobo to feed audio to a Sony MHC-GX45 mini system (with sub unattached due to living in res). It sounds clear and can go decently loud but doesn't compare to the optical connection used with the home theater when I'm at home (home theater is currently in use with the Xbox 360 in the living room). The home theater is a mixed assortment of components (mostly used) with a RCA RT2390 reciever driving the 5 channels and outputting to a Pioneer VSX-454 to drive the passive sub. The Pioneer allows me to have a dedicated volume for the sub so that my own mother won't evict me.
    TheMainMan