Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you use for computer audio?

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: What do you use for computer audio?

mobo onboard (forget the mobo on this rig, soz) and Logitech z5300-e's.

I would spend more money on it but these speakers work fine and I'd rather put the money into making my car better.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Sound blaster live! 5.1.. with a logitech headset...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Realtek HD Audio...

I'm looking for a program to manage all the audio files I have on my computer. I am looking for something that not only catalogs what's there, but allows me to move, delete, rename, manage tags, etc. If it has other functions like playing, burning, online, or whatever, that's OK as long as the file management part of the program is strong and the other functions don't get in the way. I am happy using other apps for those other functions, so those other functions are not a requirement.

For instance, Winamp seems to catalog OK, but I can't manage the files like I'd like. Musicmatch has been taken over by Yahoo and is now called Yahoo Music Jukebox. Trouble is, I can't install it because it says I need XP SP2 (yes, I do have XP SP2, but the program doesn't recognize it for some reason, grrr).

So what do you all use and any suggestions would be appreciated!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I recommend Mozilla Songbird... it's a relatively decent media player. I've been using it lately and really like it. There are plenty skins and addons (including one that downloads the lyrics for you) as well.

I use Plantronics .audio 770 headphones, and the USB soundcard-on-a-stick that came with them. The build quality is not good at all, C+, would not buy again.

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

Onboard Realtek HD for me. Although if I go with another board I'm thinking of, I'd need to use an external usb soundcard.
    Bigtop "The Magnificent"-Foxconn A79A-S, Phenom 9600 BlkEd, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Newtop "The Rather Nice"-MSI MS-1029, Turion 64 MT-37, 2x1GB Crucial DDR-333, Radeon x700 128MB

I use, X-Fi to a Marantz SR5300 avr, Mordaunt Short MS900s- front 3, Celestion MP1- back 3 and an IPL Acoustics SWII subwoofer. More than enough to upset the neighbours!!

some crappy realtech laptop sound, and old 2.1 cyber acoustics speakers
    ughhhhhh...

On my gaming system I use the built in audio (Asus Striker Extreme 5.1 audio) with 5.1 headphones. Only slightly better than stereo headphones with EAX... Would have to check at home for the brand. I know they don't make them anymore.

On my Workstation where I do some minor audio editing I use a Soundblaster Audigy Extreme (a gift, not my first choice) out to my Yamaha DMP8-16 Digital Mixer (controllable with any Midi Device as well as a MIDI GUI app on windows). I pipe this through a Rane MA6 into a set of Alesis Point 7's. Digital audio out to a set of Genelec's (they also sound good with analog).

On the media center PC, I use the onboard sound (good enough for movies) digital out to my Onkyo 5.1 surround system. My house is small enough that even with that lower end Onkyo, I can really disturb all the neighbors.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...