Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hidden Wiring?

Default Re: Hidden Wiring?

I gotta say that the day your case has bare metal, then it's not the day you're finished modding.

-Dave

Fresh Paint

Wow. Flipping the hard drives around is ingenioous! "Why didn't I think of that?" So simple yet this is the first time I've seen it. The HDD power wires are the only ones showing in my case, and I couldn't find anywhere to tuck them. That'll finish my case out!

Anodized

hey guys recently i decided to do a rough tidy up of my wiring and i stuck most of my wires behind the mobo tray but due to contrictions of the case i was unable to do some things like turn my hdd around etc. but never the less here it is
    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8527/after127uy.jpg
    SEMPER FI

That looks pretty good.

I'm a perfectionist though, so i'd see if i could get that yellow rear fan cable behind the motherboard. But it looks great, nice work.

-Dave

Anodized

thx dave, also i am planning on getting some extensions (if they exist) for those fan cables becuase i know were i can hide it i jsut didnt have enough cable length. also keep in mind i didnt drill/cut or make any holes of any type the case is completely unaltered.
    SEMPER FI

You could extend the cable yourself, just a simple cut, strip, splice in a wee bit of extra cable job.

Yes, it's half assed, but all my wiring is half assed. Except when it actually matters

You could hide the messy extended part. Wire strippers aren't expensive, and i'm sure you could find stuff lying around to extend it with. Go for it!

-Dave

Anodized

actually now i feel stupid for not thinking of that lol. as for wire strippers no worries i have a massive "electronics" tub full of tools for electron things or similar. like terminals, crimpers, soldering iron, heat shrink, solder, wire cutters, wire strippers etc i could go on forevor lol. nayway thx for the idea dave ill do that tommorrow if i can manage to get some time in.
    SEMPER FI

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by AceX
    I'd have to disagree with your statements Dimi. If you can route your wiring like that, it shows a level of craftsmanship and care in your work. Now I'm not saying the exposed wires are bad, I have them in all of my mods, but choosing the right amount and the right kinds of wiring to expose is the hard part. Very few people can nail that one on the head...

Dude some of the things people do in the name of cable management borders along the lines of neuroses, I plan to do quite a bit cable management in my latest project. All in the name of cooling and air flow. Though what General and Wingman have done is extreme. I assume thats the reason you guys have done, what you did at least in some part. Could either of you guys sorta put a tutorial together on how to go about hiding cables like that.

-- Logan

Quote Originally Posted by AceX
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone had tried the idea of hidden or stealth wiring yet. I know that there are certain wires that are impossible to hide from view, but has anyone taken the time to hide all the CD-ROM power wires, extra length from IDE cables, Fan wiring, power switch wiring and the like? I ran a search and found nothing along the lines of thwta I was thinking, maybe you guys can help me out.

Thanks.
    Well theres a way to stealth you hold computer so it looks like its just a box!!!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

i gotta see if i have a cutoff wheel, cause i can actually tuck the wires behind my mobo tray thing.

backwards HDD's eh? not a bad idea, but that would just make my HDD's stick out so far that it hits my GPU =[