Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did you join TBCS?

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: Why did you join TBCS?

1. Necessity. The very first thing that I modded was my first drumset. The retaining screw on the T-bar holding the toms above the bass drum gotten stripped out, so I busted out the drill, followed by a tap and die set. I haven't looked back since.

2. Doom 3: PMC. When I saw that build, I knew I was not alone.

3. My first case mod was inspired by Eddie Van Halen (Frankenstripe mach 1, an very old PII). I've continued on with that theme with Project Frankenstripe, which will be done this spring/summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

1. I started modding shortly after I got my first PC. My first mod was the installation of a 120mm blue LED Thermaltake fan followed shortly after by a side window and a paint job. I have always enjoyed tinkering with gadjets and playing with electronics and models.

2. I stumbled apon TBCS by chance when I was looking for ideas for an industrial/rusty case mod after seeing pics of a HL2 mod. TBCS was the first hit in google under "case modding" and after seeing Paul's Doom3 mod I had all the inspiraation I needed and signed up straight away. Sadly that industrial mod was never started lol.

3. The moment I saw the NZXT LEXA I knew I had to have it, I loved that case. It was and still is a very unique case with very stricking asthetics. Even though I loved the LEXA I wanted to give it my own personal touch and after finding no other LEXA mods at that point in time I knew I had to mod it. Since I started my Project: LEXA mod I have found 1 award winning LEXA mod that was completed before mine, used the same colour scheme also. There are also a few others that were started and finished during the time it took me to complete LEXA. I like to think I started a trend lol .
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

1. I was working on minor updates for Doom 3 engine, I went looking for references for my newest integrated terrain system for the Doom 3 and did the old simple search of 'Doom 3 modification' in Google and found Mr.Capello's thread of the Doom 3 case. On one day in 2005 my life literally changed. I never thought to BYOPC on the outside too, see his thread gave me tons of ideas, I just never had the time (or money for that matter).

Then a few days ago I remember his project after seeing a picture of his computer on another forum (you were fully credited btw), and went searching on the internet and found this forum again and decided to do something of my own.

2. To feed my artistic needs, if I don't do something artistic for a few days I would probably go crazy!

3. To simply get into moding with a simple, not to much art related (not to much painting and stuff....) computer case mod. If I get an air brush kit it will probably be fully painted.

I did it for the company car and TBCS corporate jet. But then again, I'm shallow.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

1: I started modding when I got my first case with a side window and red LED case fans, and it took off from there

2: I joined because of TribalOverkill's Liquid Evolution (who unfortunately seems to have disappeared some time ago). I was (and still am) AMAZED by his creativity and work. I lurked for a few weeks, following his builds and checking out the site, then joined.

3: My first mod job (if you can call it that) was adding water cooling and UV CCFLs to my new Armor case. My first real mod is my scratch-build Rockin Case, which came from my wife's guitar-playing and wanter her own computer. My second, Project Monster, came from my love for Monster and the sport(s), and I'm doing it as a gift for my brother (modding a free case, then transferring his guts to it).

1. I first started modding in middle school, I had not even heard of modding but I felt like making my computer different so I took apart a Mac I had and spray painted it red along with a keyboard and mouse.

2. Actually I found out about case modding by accident, was looking for info on hacking my CVS disposable digital camera (anyone remember those). Ended up finding a tutorial on gideontech and from there found the forum, at which point I started browsing and decided to join. I realized later that the forum was mostly dead other than some opinionated hanger ons, and kinda left the site. Later I decided to look up casemods, found the project log for Jon's Doom III case, was awestruck kinda. Browsed the forums and decided to join.

3. First mod was the Mac Performa I mentioned before. The inspiration for the project was to be different, and to do something custom by myself.

I must say joining this site has been great. Met a lot of cool people, and know i have an international friend base. Even made some offline friends as well.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I did it for the company car and TBCS corporate jet. But then again, I'm shallow.
    I thought Paul had to sell those to fund your guys' party last fall...
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    I thought Paul had to sell those to fund your guys' party last fall...

actually it was a kidney that was sold. Jon got me really drunk and removed it while I slept. Then, mysteriously the styrofoam beer cooler and all the ice went missing...

I remember hearing a chopper landing in the front yard, people speaking with a Colombian accent, and thats about it.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    2: I joined because of TribalOverkill's Liquid Evolution (who unfortunately seems to have disappeared some time ago). I was (and still am) AMAZED by his creativity and work. I lurked for a few weeks, following his builds and checking out the site, then joined.
    Yeah tribal was a great inspiration. Sadly he had a rough run. He has no workshop and can no longer mod under the name "tribaloverkill". He is re-inventing himself and will be back soon .
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    actually it was a kidney that was sold. Jon got me really drunk and removed it while I slept. Then, mysteriously the styrofoam beer cooler and all the ice went missing...

I remember hearing a chopper landing in the front yard, people speaking with a Colombian accent, and thats about it.
    *note to self, more ether in the rag next time!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri