Thread: I need a few opinions

ATX Mental Case

Default I need a few opinions

Ok, My next project is going to be to put some life back into my old case that I am using now. It's a decent case IMO. Had it for nearly 3 years now and it has outlived 2 mobo's, an HDD, and 3 CD/DVD-ROM drives. Don't ask me how either, I just don't know. It refuses to die...

So anyway, here's the case:

Yes, I am going to completely rewire the case and make all of the wires as hidden as possible. Now, lets get crackin'

I'm a car nut. When I'm not thinking about my PC, I'm thinking about my cars. That's when the idea to combine the two hit me. I'd like to crate a Chevy themed box.

A few ideas for it that I had:

1. Cut the Chevy bow-tie out of the side panel and then place a plaxi panel behind it, maybe acrylic, and hook up an few LEDs to it, making it light up nice and purty.

2. Those two blue, screen strips that you see on the front of the case, put either long cathodes or a string of LEDs in each (there's one on each side of the face) show they shine out the front.

3. Get a new, chrome powersupply, maybe build a custom housing for it, but definitely chrome.

4. Strip the case and paint it to match my car (which is being painted metallic blue).

5. Maybe, where I have the two extra bays on the face, I could bondo that up and then maybe place an old SS emblem on there or something to that effect.

If you guys can think of anything that may go along with the theme, or any cool ideas that you'd like to see someone try, just for the fun of it. Let me know.

Thanks,

AceX

Default Re: I need a few opinions

<moved reply to idea forum>