Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: my electro mix

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Default Re: my electro mix

http://soundcloud.com/djrevival/live-at-changs

my most recent mix, i recorded this one, and a couple others, at a party this past friday

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Didn't we used to have a rocker emoticon? [confused]

By the way, what did you use to create that??
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Nice bro!! I just setup my turntables for the first time in probably 5 years this past weekend. Installed Ubuntu Studio on an old PC and I am about to start recording my practice sessions in Audacity. How long have you been DJing? I forgot how much of a b**ch beatmatching is. Anyway, great to see a fellow DJ on here!
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

AHH I freaking LOVE dirty house! I just got back from Stuttgart, Germany a couple weeks ago...they have the greatest radio station in the world...Sunshine Live! www.sunshine-live.de
    They stream on the web too...some GREAT dirty/electro house on there. You just made my day with your set bro!
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

thanks DFI, your comments just made my day as well, ill have to def check out that site later. i play a huge variety of styles from trance to hard style, psytrance, pretty much any style of EDM. but really dirty house is my favorite overall. ive been mixing for about 6 months now...still just gettin my feet wet lol. in two weeks ill be releasing my first full demo cd. its gonna be one hell of a party, as i am going to release it on my birthday (at 12 am that is).

@zephik, and dfi's setup question: right now im using two stanton direct drive tables and a behringer mixer ( ill get you exact model numbers when im home)

then the next piece of equipment i use is the M-audio Torq Connectiv. its a USB audio interface that plugs into my tables and mixer, and allows you to have vinyl (or cdj) control of your MP3's.

Nice bro...I happened across Ableton Live last night (drools)...then I started day dreaming and looked at the Pioneer DVJ-1000.... *snaps back to reality* then I remembered that I am not rich. Where do you buy your vinyl?!? The vinyl I bought back when I first started messing around is not what I would play anymore...I'm pretty much a solid progressive trance, dirty/electro house junkie myself. I found a few ebay auctions that are like $28 for 15 assorted trance/house, but that can be iffy. Good luck with your demo bro...for only mixing for 6mo. I'd say you're a step or two ahead of most people. Keep it up!

yeah...i would probably explode from happiness if i had some of those pioneers

most of the vinyl ive bought i got from a dj here in oklahoma... seeing him play is what got me wanting to really start mixing. he sold me about 30 records for ten bucks. the other place i go to is a record store here in tulsa... they have all their EDM off in its own little area.

as far as places to order (havent ordered any from them yet but they were suggested by mentioned dj above) is either www.chemical-records.co.uk or www.dancerecords.com

ive bought mp3's from www.djdownload.com, which most can be heard in that live mix

yeah i really have jumped in fast. i play almost every night when i have free time, and im really starting to get my name out there... have a lot of fans of my style here

i just received the most maginificent news!

i open at the local club on friday the 17th

time for a bit of a style change... im working on a new trance cd
    http://soundcloud.com/djrevival/the-...lost-to-trance

the love you lost to trance is the title.. im trying to portray the decay of a relationship through lyrics... while mixing well

lemme know what you think

to me...so far this is the most emotion driving mix ive done... other stuff ive played was to get people moving...but i really wanted to do something that spoke to you
    Last edited by b4i7; 04-20-2009 at 03:27 AM.

more good news as of earlier this week!

one of the best DJs here in tulsa has asked me to open for him at a show in wichita! and depending on how this goes... he has 3 more shows lined up