Thread: Media Disconnected

ATX Mental Case theshoeshineman's Avatar

Default Media Disconnected

I have a Motion LE1700 Tablet that I'm playing around with however I'm having trouble connecting to a wireless router with it.

When I go to cmd and do a ipconfig it comes up with Media Disconnected. However when I goto the wireless network it can see the wireless networks available.

Out of the blue it will all of a sudden connect to my wireless network then if I check it 5min later it is disconnected again.

The terminal is brand new and I know it's not related to viruses or malwear etc.

After much rattling of my brain the only thing I can think that it could be is maybe some sort of power saving feature where it disconnects the network cards but changing the power saving settings doesn't seem to have done anything

Any thoughts?
    Visit my website: http://djcassar.com
    Scratch build: The Cube
    Sure we would all love "real friends", but honestly whats the chances of that happening?

ATX Mental Case theshoeshineman's Avatar

Default Re: Media Disconnected

After hours of changing IP Addresses and modifying power settings etc I seem to have fixed the problem (by accident mind you).

I disabled the wireless card (to test it via LAN cable) and re-enabelled it again after I tested the land line. What ever it did when it re-enabled the wireless card fixed the problem.

Now as soon as the computers booted up it's connected straight away. Before I had to wait a good 10 or so minutes and even then it'd drop in and out..

Hasn't dropped out yet (an hour later)
    Visit my website: http://djcassar.com
    Scratch build: The Cube
    Sure we would all love "real friends", but honestly whats the chances of that happening?