Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions regarding any of the Trading policies?

Default Questions regarding any of the Trading policies?

I've opened this for people with any questions about things they don't understand or we didn't cover in the rules and recommendations. Feel free to ask for further clarification here.

-Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Questions regarding any of the Trading policies?

Is there going to be any kind of post count needed or some other criteria for getting into trading post, as a certain amount of rep bars or something? As we've already got people posting to buy who've only got one post, as the request is their only post.

I guess it's up to the members to decide who to trust, but I think some other requirement might be helpful. Rep might be the best way, as someone can post stupid things all they want but they won't get rep, so there wouldn't be an easy way to just spam your way into Trading Post.

I know it's extra time and coding so I'm just making a suggestion/asking. We of TBCS tend to be very trusting so I just wouldn't want to see TP getting shut down because someone trusted someone without paying attention to their interest in being involved in the community. =)

well, we thought about post count requirements but decided not to require them. People here are smart enough to judge for themselves if they want to venture off into a deal. And there may be people who drop in specifically for a deal here. That's fine with us, so long as it isn't just a spammer.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Okay, np, I see.

Do you have a template disclaimer we can add to our post at the end?
    Also, maybe a warning to scammers like if something becomes strange during the transaction, your IP and DNS will be logged and member of the DNSStuff team (just kidding) and find where you live and send an FBI agent knocking on your door within 24 hours (just kidding).
    Anyway, some type of template to cut and paste at the end would be nice.
    - SENJU

Are there any existing guidelines on selling our own services? Specifically modding-related services, machining, etc?
    Visit The Sanatarium for more madness!
    Current Project: 1925 - An Art Deco Adventure

Some of the posts say must have rep...is the only way to earn rep is to complete a mod or are there other ways to get rep? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neodymium View Post
    Some of the posts say must have rep...is the only way to earn rep is to complete a mod or are there other ways to get rep? Thanks
    Give good advice.

Don't be an idiot.

Impress us.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Give good advice.

Don't be an idiot.

Impress us.
    That helps...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neodymium View Post
    That helps...thanks!
    To put it in a little more detailed fashion, +rep can usually be earned by being helpful, posting something neat/funny, posting up pics of a cool worklog, saying something funny, etc.

Sometimes people will give you +rep on your birthday, or at least that was the case a few years ago when I was around here more frequently.

But really, a user can give you reputation points for anything they see fit. The idea behind the system is that it makes good/contributing members easier to identify and also serves as a kind of "who's who" guide on the forums. For instance, a user with 8 rep bars or squares is likely going to be one who contributes more/is nicer/has been here/is more reputable than one with only one or two.

For the most part though, people seem to catch on as to who the "regulars" are pretty quick, so it's not like your rep should make or break if people are going to do transactions with you. I cannot of course speak for everyone, however.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"