Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I had a great time with shipping.

Default So I had a great time with shipping.

I believe UP$ needs to get their act together. This is rediculous. My dad ordered a netbook from UPS and it went all over the place somewhere somehow, leaving a hilarious shipping status. I love this.

Shows you how much they love me.

What makes this hilarious is that there is a town called Ontario in California.

Kevin.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: So I had a great time with shipping.

Hahaha, amazing. If they do that with my netbook I'll be mildly dis-satisfied and will have to send them a slightly-irate email.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Hahaha, amazing. If they do that with my netbook I'll be mildly dis-satisfied and will have to send them a slightly-irate email.
    Please review the last line.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    Please review the last line.
    I did, but they did send it kind of out of the way.

LOL! I'm not all that surprised, I can't stand UPS and always choose FedEx when it's possible. But at least it arrived, a good portion of my orders haven't.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Besides shipping something back to Newegg around Christmas that cost me $30 and took 5 days (the Rosewill PSU that blew up), I have never had a problem shipping with UPS. We have a company account with them at work, and Ground Select never costs more than $10, and Next Day Air AM is usually under $50 depending on the item, and I have only ever had one exception and that was because the guy moved and didn't tell me. When I ship something personally I usually dislike the cost, but receiving has never been a problem for me.

I used FedEx at my last company and loved them as well. I could just drop the package off at the FedEx/Kinko's around the corner and they'd take care of it. The only problem is that FedEx shipping is more expensive than UPS about 90% of the time in metro Atlanta and most of Georgia.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

I don't know if I am missing something. Places have the same name as others all over the world. And the package only went north before it headed east. Maybe Washington was the most convenient flight out east, as in it was their next flight. Maybe they had a ton of stuff to go north and there was a plane going east anyway so it tagged along.

It only took three days to ship, unless you paid for next day that's pretty damn quick cross country, no? Just a little confused here that's all.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Something like that happened to me with FedEx 2nd Day Delivery. I live on the west coast and it shipped from the west coast (california) but somehow it made a detour to the east coast. They told me that it went through their "main" shipping center or some BS like that and that there was no mistake, even though I didn't get the service I payed for. They just gave me the whole crappy weather excuse for it being late. /whatever

Never had a problem with the boys in brown though. Well, except that one time when they got stuck in my drive way because of all the snow and ice and by the end of the day we had like an entire fleet of brown vehicles swarming our house. lmao

I offered the guy sand for traction, but apparently he somehow managed to drive so far into the snowbank to the side of our drive way that he got stuck, then somehow managed to lose all power in the vehicle what-so-ever and had to call for "backup".

It was mostly our fault I guess. Our driveway isn't steep at all, but apparently its just enough that when there is ice its impossible to get out of. I had to push my friends car out of it once too. We really should of put a sign up or something. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    It only took three days to ship, unless you paid for next day that's pretty damn quick cross country, no? Just a little confused here that's all.
    I think he is just surprised that it went all over the place and stopped at so many locations, rather than going straight to Raleigh or Knoxville and being trucked to him.

It basically started in the far south west, went straight north to the Canadian border, made a bee line down to Texas, hopped the river over to the East coast, then chugged its way back to his place.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Portalnd, Spokane and Dallas/Ft Worth are three of the major hubs that UPS has, so those stops don't surprise me. What does boggle my mind is the fact that Newegg didn't ship this from their east coast location, unless they happened to be out at that time.

Fedex is just as bad for me. I've ordered stuff from zipzoomfly in the past, which is based in California, and they send it to Nashville before it gets to Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream