Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official TBCS TGIMBOEJ Thread.... Sign up here.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default The Official TBCS TGIMBOEJ Thread.... Sign up here.

Q. What is it?

A. A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.

The official site.

US to US flat rate prices:
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) US to US $10.35 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) US to US $10.35 Size 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
    Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) US to US $13.95 Size 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

I will be keeping up with the list and adding names to it every day. In the event I forget to add you then please send me a PM.

The rules.
    Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:
    1. Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box or the equivalent for your postal system).
    2. Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ, see also: flickr group ). ****I Use my blog http://cjganttphotography.com/blog****
    3. There is a little book in the box. Write something memorable or just sign your name to the book. When the book is full someone will add another and we will send the completed book to Paul.
    4. Within two weeks pass the box along to the next person on the list. Before mailing it to them, send them the name list in a pm and make sure that they want to participate. Also remember to get their shipping addy.
    5. Make sure you can afford the $8-12 it takes to mail the box out. It sucks to get one of these started and then lose it because someone bit off more than they can chew.
    6. This is going to be limited to TCBS Members who have 100+ post and a rep of at least 2 green boxes. (its not hard to get 100 post.) Not meaning to offend anyone but this will help deter dead beats who will get the box and disappear.
    7. Make sure to document the box and what you took and what you added. This only takes a few photos and a few minutes to do. Post the documents in either your own thread or in this one.
    8. To be fair to others lets insure that the box makes it around the list before going to the same person twice.
    9. Any member who has been inactive for more than 3 weeks at the time of their turn and can not be contacted via PM will be skipped on the list.
    10. The recipient of the box is responsible for all shipping charges that occur for shipping the box to the next person.
    11. Small parts such as screws, leds, components, etc should be placed in a zip-lock bag.
    12. No highly flammable materials. No lighters / matches, or Weapons.
    13. AMENDMENT: Members of TBCS wishing to get on the list and do not meet the post and reputation requirements (100 Post and at least of 2 green rep boxes) will have their names placed in red. This will save their spot on the list, but they will still have to have met the requirements by the time it is their turn. If they have not met the requirements by their turn they will be moved to the bottom of the list.
    14. AMENDMENT #2:After some discussion between the staff we would like to ask that you do not include knives or any type of weapon in the box. This includes razor blades, pocketknives and any chemical or device that could go BOOM. If there is anything in the current box we ask that who ever has it please remove those devices.

More info on other Tgimboej's that are circulating around the world can be found here. http://tgimboej.org

EDIT: Canada is also allowed. Although it is expensive.

Flatrate boxes can now be shipped to Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by USPS.com
    The same lineup of Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes also can be used for international shipping. U.S. customers can ship to their fellow fans in Canada or Mexico at flat rates starting at $10.95. For more international prices and additional information about Priority Mail flat-rate shipping, customers can go to: usps.com/shipping/prioritymail.htm.

All Priority Mail flat-rate packaging is free of charge, eco-friendly and can be picked up at Post Offices nationwide or ordered online at usps.com.
    Flat rate from US to Canada or other countries Prices:
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries $41.95 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-2) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries$41.95 Size13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
    Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (up to 20 pounds) Canada $32.95 Other Countries $53.95 Size12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 01-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Default Re: The Official TBCS TGIMBOEJ Thread.... Sign up here.

Box Status: Someone set up Chaksq the bomb!

The List
    Note: Names listed in Bold RED have not yet reached the qualifications.
    Names in Bold GREEN have already received the box.

1. DrumThumper [USA]
    2. Buzzkillington [USA]
    3. Oneslowz28 [USA]
    4. Nevermind1534 [USA]
    5. blueonblack [USA]
    6. chaksq [USA]
    7. The Black Pumpkin [USA]
    8. Karbon Killa [USA]
    9. knowledgegranted [Unknown]
    10. 985323 [Canada]
    11. Luke122 [Canada]
    12. Airbozo [USA]
    13. DrumThumper [USA]
    14. d_stilgar [USA]
    15. billygoat333 [USA]
    16. lithiumoxid3 [Canada]
    17. blaze15301 [USA]
    Last edited by Drum Thumper; 06-20-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

Sign me up! Got quite a lot of stuff I could add.
    Bigtop "The Magnificent"-Foxconn A79A-S, Phenom 9600 BlkEd, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Newtop "The Rather Nice"-MSI MS-1029, Turion 64 MT-37, 2x1GB Crucial DDR-333, Radeon x700 128MB

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

I like this idea. Sign me up as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Sign me up
    Will

OMG.. this could be the answer to my huge pile of stuff!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Canada has been added to the USPS flat rate delivery zones. Not sure if its a higher fee but I will look into it.

Added 985323 and Luke122

Added myself to #6 so I can get a chance to grab some cool stuff from the box and add more.

I will pick up a flat rate box today and begin filling it with goodies. It will take me a few days to put everything in it as my grandmother will be going into the hospital tomorrow for some major back surgery and I will be spending the next 3 days at the hospital only coming home to sleep. But I should be sending it to Nevermind in a week or so.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I was thinking maybe circulate it around the US, then Canada, then Europe, then Australia (or asia), and keep it going. Do one country/continent at a time to save on shipping and everybody still gets it.

And you got my username wrong.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.