Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista can have video backgrounds...

Overclocked

Default Vista can have video backgrounds...

Well if you have vista ultimate you can use movies as backgrounds.. but you can now do it with non ultimate version as well just google DreamScene_EN

Make sure you backup your computer as I had it disable menus on me when I downloaded the wrong version make sure its the patched version(Version: 6.0.6000.16504) check readme.. with that version had no problems with 6 computers.. just install it following the insturctions (idiot proof) have to have vista sp1 installed and after that it works great... If you want free scenes look at dreamscene.org got alot of nice backgrounds... You have to have areo on to use this though so make sure you goto turn areo on..

C:\Windows\Web\Windows DreamScene
    ^
    thats so they will show up in the dreamscene folder

heres an example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjvl...rom=PL&index=8

Default Re: Vista can have video backgrounds...

u can do this too with XP... using VLC media player... i dont remember the exact way to do so... but i know it is an option.. i have done it b4..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

I've used a winamp visualization as a wallpaper.. that was fun. In the Winamp VIS studio, choose the options for fullscreen, and there's an option to set the desktop to transparency color or something.. it's been awhile.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I'm surprised we don't see more things like this. It must really bug down the computer I guess?

It would be cool if someone took standard desktop backgrounds, like the classic XP with blue sky and green hills, and just animate them. Make the grass and clouds blow in the wind, have the sun and moon alternate depending on what time of day it is, have some birds fly by in the sky or something. Just subtle stuff like that, would be pretty cool.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Hmm...

www.istockphoto.com has loopable video clips that you can buy.. Grab a video loop in the proper resolution, set it as your desktop, enjoy.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

with stuff like VLC it doesnt kill your PC much....
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

I'll have to try the VLC version.. I'd love to be able to put up a wicked looking video loop for a desktop.. that would blow people away!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Hmm...

www.istockphoto.com has loopable video clips that you can buy.. Grab a video loop in the proper resolution, set it as your desktop, enjoy.
    Those are awesome! Maybe I'll try one out, see how my computer handles it.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

How much do the credits cost there?

I have no idea.. on the purchase page they list different prices depending on how many you buy. If you sign up, you get 10 or 15 free or something..

You can do what I did.. open an account, and start posting photos. When people start buying them, just convert your earnings into credits. My username is Cheitan if you are interested in seeing some of my photography. Daje has an accoung there too.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/