Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu handicapable

Default Re: Ubuntu handicapable

Fantastic! That is great news. I have never used the ehcp but it looks pretty cool, I think you will be good to go in no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Fantastic! That is great news. I have never used the ehcp but it looks pretty cool, I think you will be good to go in no time at all.
    It would not have come along at all without your help Curtis, you are the man! I really appreciate all of the "tech support"
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Damn, forgot about this thread. Hey Rick, there's an easier way to get the desktop version of Ubuntu set up for LAMP.

tasksel

I believe this is inherent in all the most recent debian based nix distros now.

Lemme tell ya, tasksel is soooo much easier than sudo apt-get install apache mysql5 php6.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Actually, I did it the other way around as you suggested Joe. I installed the real server version and did the sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop (which actually took longer to install than the entire OS for some strange reason). Then I installed ehcp which handled all of the mysql, apache, php, etc...
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Anodized

If I may add.

For linux beginers great place to start ( to get know with) is linux/unix section on digg. Just for readin' some fine articles( most of them for Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora). No ofence man, they are idiot-proof mostly and give much info in simple way. If you're about to stay with linux for some time consider this.

Regards

Code:
    ar -r God