Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom 5.25" flip out monitor

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Custom 5.25" flip out monitor

@nighttrain: they were made for thermaltake lanbox/mozart and are touchscreen
    @jdnsn: I have a reasonable budget, i realise how much they cost but I will only pay for the quality of what I was getting.
    @Luke122:It has to be neat and flush but not exactly motorised... Like a cheap car screen sitting in a tray isn't going to impress anyone :L:L

The Moby2's screen is kind of an idea what i'd be looking at:

Heres how he made it
    Tutorial for 6" LCD - Single 5.25" Bay Case Mod

Im not looking for an exact rip off and befor you go buying some silver brushed aluminium remember you are making it for a Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS

Fresh Paint

Any interest? I've seen a lot of custom ones from this site!

Fresh Paint

Would it be hard to make the thermaltake screen fit the Armor if i hacked at the Armor with a dremel?

Fresh Paint

Someone who could offer a thermaltake LCD screen replica at 5.25", I would pay about 300USD

I might be willing to do this custom built pull-out screen for your case, but I have a couple of projects that I need to finish up first. Can it wait a couple of weeks?

Not sure what you mean by "thermaltake LCD screen replica".
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Fresh Paint

For something that had a similar spec to thermaltakes, I would be willing to pay the price of the thermaltake.
    However please relise that would mean touchscreen, motorised, high resolution.

I would wait a few weeks i would also pay deposits on them to help buy materials if i trust who im buying from. i would then pay the rest before it is sent.

If you want to know how much i would pay for your custom monitor please list spec and a basic design plan or a link to a previous similar job you preformed

I was referring to making you a non-motorized pull-out style like Moby's. If you want motorized, that gets considerably more expensive for the linear actuator and design. And most of those small screens are not high res (at least last time I checked), and you usually need to get an old PCI video card with low enough res to control it. But I may need correcting on those last details.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Fresh Paint

You can find a 640*480 easily enough.

I use a ATI HD4850.

Linear Actuators arent that expensive last time i checked?

Well I have not priced the linear actuators myself, so you may be right about their cost. 640*480 sounds about right for the lcd but the problem as I understood it was that most newer video cards couldn't go that low but maybe I am mistaken about that. I've never made something exactly like this, but I'm sure I could do it as long as I got some of my other work done first. You would need to buy the screen and ship it to me first so I could design the mechanism around it.

Fresh Paint

why?