Thread: Ipod not working?

ATX Mental Case gamer_from_aust's Avatar

Default Ipod not working?

I have a 120gb ipod classic and it froze the other day so i reset it however this time the screen came up chose lanuage (like it does when you buy them) didnt worry chose engliash and now it says i have no music,vidoes etc but its says its full. However also the computer want pick it up. Is there a way to fix this or will i have to sned it away.
    I hope he had a few beers to blame it on....

Picking up girls at a videogame store? sigh...... a gamer's dream

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Ipod not working?

I'd go check the Apple website's support section and see what they have up in the FAQs, etc. If they have a live chat feature try talking to one of their support people.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That's why I don't buy iPods lol, everyone I know who has them have had tons of trouble with them.

No seriously, have you tried to format it? There is a way to do which will whipe the HDD clean then you just reload the firmware, that's all Apple do when you take em back for reapirs and such.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

It looks like you'll have to do a full reset/restore/reformat or whatever you call it. But that shouldn't be a problem since iTunes back's up all your data, so you'll just have to re-sync all of it once its properly working again.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

My iPod nano (3rd gen) is awesome. 8gb of never fail. The joys of solidstate memory.

I have heard quite a few stories of failures of the classics with their 1.8" hdds.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    My iPod nano (3rd gen) is awesome. 8gb of never fail. The joys of solidstate memory.

I have heard quite a few stories of failures of the classics with their 1.8" hdds.
    I had a 30GB Video once upon a time ago. I dropped it and it pretty much killed the iPod.

However, I emailed Apple since I was still on the warranty that it came with, told them that I dropped it and now it wasn't working, and they sent me a new one free of charge! They even paid for shipping, sent me a box to put it in and everything. It was pretty cool. They have amazing customer support.

The only downside to solid state memory is that they don't even come near to the hard drive capacities. But I won't lie, I LOVE my Touch, even if I can't carry around my entire media collection.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

For me, 8gb is plenty. Since I have to charge it every other day anyways (I listen to it literally all day long at work), i get to update the contents everytime I plug it in to charge. I'm getting pretty sick of this playlist now, so it'll be something new tonight.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

my 80gb classic is giving me troubles too. stupid mini hdds. oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

^
    gohome = SPAMMER!
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08