Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Playing Rocksmith. Pretty sweet to have a game that lets you play any electric guitar. Definitely a fun way to keep motivated and keep practicing.

It can be a bit frustrating when you finally get a section of the song and it immediately ups the difficulty. I wish it let you play it a few times all the way through before doing that, to instill that feeling of accomplishment, and not go all Demon's/Dark Souls punishing on your arse, lmfao.

I was wondering about that game, how well it would work. Functions ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Seems so. I was never anything more than a beginner, and it's been a few years since I picked up my guitar, but yeah, it seems to work pretty well.

When I hit the right note it picks it up, when I miss it knows too. I had a tough time getting it to register palm mutes, but I'm getting better at it, so it was just me being a noob.

I wish it had the option for you to pick a set difficulty. The scalable difficulty is an intriguing thought, but switching to a higher difficulty for a section the second you nail it never gives you a chance to play through a whole song and feel that accomplishment. The leveler is interesting as well, but again, if you nail a section once it levels you up, and can put you with something you aren't ready for.

I say all this, but it has motivated me to play / practice for more than three hours a day since Saturday night. I am getting noticeably better.

I just wish it let me play through a song once or twice at the current difficulty while nailing it, before letting me know, "Hey, the song is really much harder then that. Here's some more notes, noob". But even then, I feel like less of a noob than trying to practice / learn on my own.

Custom Title Honors

Homefront over the weekend on normal, 3/4way on hard now. Bought it Thurs with steams sale on it.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I just beat Duke Nukem Forever. Boobies, guns and blowing stuff up. Doesn't get any more basic than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Homefront over the weekend on normal, 3/4way on hard now. Bought it Thurs with steams sale on it.
    I was looking at it on that steam sale. What did you think?

I have been playing Atom Zombie Smasher (indie game from one of the humble bundles) and it is sooooo addicting. lol
    ber is id elicous

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Since I can't get my Skyrim fix because I refuse to pay $90AUD for it (I have a copy coming from the UK, only cost me $44AUD ) I started playing Oblivion again.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    I was looking at it on that steam sale. What did you think?

I have been playing Atom Zombie Smasher (indie game from one of the humble bundles) and it is sooooo addicting. lol

Overall, I like it. Keep in mind I am coming from long time player of CS and CSS.

Pros:
    1. Play was cool but similar to most other FPS like COD but with the vehicle options like BF (from what i've read, never played).
    2. Graphics were pretty impressive even on Medium settings for my PC to play smoothly. With my sig pc on Medium it wouldn't do much over 60fps even in low action scenes.
    3. Quite a few weapon (gun) choices after killing KPA or getting to a depot. Ammo can be limited though.
    4. Story line is good in my opinion.
    5. Vehicle/alternate weapon choices are cool and fairly easy to control. Helicopter takes a little getting used to in multiplayer as it isn't the same as single.
    6. AI is not half bad. Just when you think you cleared an area, there would be KPA, or they would find a way to come from behind.
    7. Worth 7.50, not so sure about the 30 they still want when not on sale.

Cons:
    1. It is quite directed and there isn't any free roam in campaign mode. It is very closed off to exploring maps.
    2. The biggest thing I didn't like was how short campaign was. It was definitely made for multiplayer.
    3. My PC struggled at points even on medium settings. My PC isn't new by any means though. Maybe I just need a reinstall?..
    4. Campaign is really short.
    5. Normal seems a little too easy. I wouldn't call myself the best FPS player, but I think I am decent. I was able to "walk" through most of it.
    6. Hard was pretty hard in certain chapters where I had to restart the scene 3-6times to complete.

Others to note:
    1. Graphic Content. This isn't necessarily bad or good but something to note if kids are around... mass graves, dead bodies, blood splatter.
    2. Verbal Content. Same as above. Definitely military based... F this, f that type of talk.

My kids (under 10) didn't really pay attention to the game when I played but I did where headphones (partly because the wife made me).

Bottom line:
    If you can get it on sale (if not already bought), I think it was fun and if you can get enough for a lan or find a multiplayer near you populated, it would be worth checking out.

Maybe/Hopefully they will lower the price and turn it into episodes (or more chapters) like Half Life did. The way they ended it was crappy imo.

Hope that wasn't too much.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Since I can't get my Skyrim fix because I refuse to pay $90AUD for it (I have a copy coming from the UK, only cost me $44AUD ) I started playing Oblivion again.
    I have been super addicted to Oblivion too, I stopped playing BF3 because of it! lol.

And Outlaw, thanks for that awesome review. exactly what I was looking for.
    ber is id elicous

Custom Title Honors

np, glad to help