Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849 LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

I played Super Monday Combat (free to play) up to level 20.

The Good: It's pretty fun. It's a little hard to figure out at first, and the tutorial level isn't that great, but once you start to get the hang of it it's really quite fun to play and even at a relatively low level I was doing quite well on my teams. It essentially is . . . Dota played from a 3rd person perspective view, but not quite. It's a tower defense with heroes that can level. The concept is nice and it's much easier to understand than Monday Night Combat is. MNC is difficult. I get online and will die a million times, even when I'm trying to be careful and play smart. People can just come in and kill you really easily and you never see it coming and have no time to react or escape. Super MNC is a real step forward from its predecessor as far as gameplay and mechanics are concerned.

The bad: There's something I really hate about most free-to-play games, and it's particularly bad in Super MNC. Let's say that I like the game, and want to give the developers money so that I can have access to all the game's content. Well, that's going to cost me $160. Since when has any game ever been worth $160? It's completely insane. It's one of those things that really disenfranchises the people who are probably the biggest fans of gaming and games. I would happily pay $30 for everything in game, but wouldn't be surprised or angry if they were asking $50, which is the cost of most modern games. But instead they make it too expensive for a person to actually buy the game. It's an irritating trend and I see it dying soon. Too many companies are going to jump on the bandwagon and go broke from it.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

^It NEARLY happened with VVVVVV. Originally came out at $15. People were saying it's a great, quick game, with some frustrations...

But some were saying $15 was a little overpriced for a platformer.
    Got reduced to $5.

I can see every Valve game for $160. An entire game? A single, entire game? NO.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Playing Diablo III right now, loving it.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

finished diablo 3 on nightmare difficulty last night.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I'm halfway through act 3 on nightmare myself. Just got my staff or herding all crafted as well.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Finally sat down and got through to Act II Hell as a demon hunter. Having fun though I'm skeptical about whether it's engaging enough for me to keep plowing through after I hit Inferno :/

Finally played Portal 2. Was a blast! This is, in fact the first newer game I've gotten to play on my new computer. It played it great!
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Well, I've solod my way through Diablo 3 in Hell now. And yeah, it's fun but it's missing something. I'm going to have to agree with Rock Paper Shotgun on this one.

Also, Skyrim I've played through three times. And I can see myself giving it another playthrough in a year or so. Such a good game.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Just beat Mass Effect 3 with a new character. Working on Mass Effect currently. I have #2 in the mail on its way so I can import from 1 then beat 2 then import to 3 and beat it. I love these games and wish I had known about them before. And I haven't had to really spend to much on them, ME1 I got with the remainder of a rebate gift card from my cell phone, 2 was paid for using Amazon Gift Cards earned through swagbucks.com. And I got ME3 used for $25 at the local game store. Guy even rung it up wrong, it was marked $35. I went back and showed him the mistake he was like, "I'll split the difference with you if you've got $5." I didn't have five on me so he said, "Eh just come back and be a loyal customer" Can't really beat that. Now I'm working on earning some more amazon cards so I can get the Microsoft points to get the online code for ME3 so I can try out the Multiplayer modes.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Just finished getting all achievements in Costume Quest. It's a classic turn-based RPG. It's totally a Halloween game and it's pretty fun. It's short, but sweet. Any longer and I would have started getting bored.

I'm not sure what I want to do next. Maybe Psychonauts.