Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Anodized

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Picked up the Orange Box for 10 bucks this weekend..

Finished Half Life 2

Next up HL2:Episode 1
    love the half life series. havent played episode 2 yet. bought the box the day it came out. really for TF2. but episode one is awesome. enjoy it.

Episode 1 was pretty good, but Episode 2 completely destroys it. The new cinematic physics engine is AWESOME in the like 3 times it's really used. I let the striders destroy the buildings the first time through cuz it was so cool to watch.

Just beat CoD5 on hard though, now I'm trying it again on veteran. Anyone else absolutely hate the checkpoint system they use? Makes the game so much harder, and destroys the sense of accomplishment when you beat one hard segment, only to die because you bask in the victory for a second.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM
    Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB

eee PC 1000HA with 2gb RAM, 250gb HDD

Just Beaten:

God of War 2

Was a decent game. Felt there were a lot of stupid puzzles, well, less puzzles and more if you don't notice the little statue blending into the rest of the scene in SD then you wander around for 20 minutes figuring it out.

Really wish there were more of the huge boss fights and not the little ones. I like the huge battles, like the Colossus and the Kraken.

And finally, ugghhh, they make you get totally into the ending and then BAMMM, wait for GoW3 and buy a damn PS3. Don't have a ps3 but ugghhh I want the ending. Have to google the story when it comes out.

i finally got off my arse and beat re5. i know major shame on me.... i got stuck at 6-3 and got pissed and left the game. moved back to pc gaming for a few months.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Beat MGS4 for the second time it has been 1 week from being a year since first beating it man do I love that game I need to download the sound track for it or something.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

I've just finished Prototype.

Its fantastically fun to play through, but the storyline kinda goes downhill throughout, which is a shame, as it starts out very promising.
    Very weak ending in my opinion, if the gameplay hadnt been so much fun, i would have been pretty unimpressed with it.

Just trying to decide what to play through next, I'm tempted by Mass Effect again, as the story is so nicely done.

Or possibly beyond good and evil, as i picked it up in a charity shop a year or so back for a couple of quid and havent got round to playing it yet.
    anyone got an opinion on it?

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Just played through all the L4D "movies" single player to learn the lay of the land before I jumped online.
    Need a sig

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Just played through all the L4D "movies" single player to learn the lay of the land before I jumped online.
    ah, thats a bit of a shame! in my opinion, the best time to play l4d online is when you dont know the maps (for campaign at least, not with vs), its makes for a much more exciting experience.

Just beat the Sims 3 (I know, technically you don't beat it, but I got what I wanted out of it) and I'm back to Guild Wars.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I was just about to beat Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes [XBOX1] when the xbox magically lost my save games, but only the recent ones. It must have had short term memory loss as my save games from 2003 are still there, just not the ones from the last few days.

Frustrating, because I still have that old habit many of us had from the Playstation 1 days where you save in multiple blocks for fear of losing a save game to a corrupt file.

So XBOX lost freaking 3 saves, but only recent ones. Ughh. Was on the last couple areas about to beat it.