Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: whats your job! Pics?

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: whats your job! Pics?

I work at a major transportation company as well. We've got over four thousand trucks on the road now, and myself and one other guy handle the breakdowns on the road, thirteen hours a night. We don't have any trucks over three years old, so you'd think they would be reliable. Thankfully for me they aren't. The feds pushed the emission standards too quickly in my opinion, and the manufacturers had to cobble together whatever they could to meet the new standards if they wanted to keep selling engines, regardless of reliability. My company also seems to enjoy testing the latest technology on its trucks and trailers, so that's another bit of job security. They will also hire just about anyone and train them, so we get some real rocket scientists out there. That would explain the line under my name above this post.

Having done this for too many years, I can tell you in all honesty, there is no such thing as a good-looking truck.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I used to be a Residential Contractor specializing in Custom Home Construction. I inherited the company from my grandfather and kept it going through out my last 2 years of college. Made it another 6 months into the recession and had to close up shop due to no construction work to be found for 60 miles. So I took my savings and sold a piece of heavy equipment and started a photography business. (Got a Bachelors in Business Administration and an associates in fine arts) So I went with what I know besides construction. I have been making it (no where near what I made building homes) and have had to give up a few luxuries ($45K truck, 2 bikes, expensive vacations, etc) but I am not going hungry and still manage to pay all my bills. So I can not complain.

What does the future hold? I don't know. I miss building homes and if the economy ever improves to pre 2007 levels I may go back to building. I love photography but doing it every day takes the fun out of it.

I could tell you what I do, But then I'd have to kill you.

Rendermandan: Secret Agent

Luke122: Starting with current job, and running backwards...

1. Technician at a computer store. I fix stuff all day long. Yay!
    2. Operator Level 1 at an Arena. Basically a Zamboni driving janitor. Thank you recession.
    3. Technician / Webmaster / Installer for a cellular dealership.
    4. System Administrator for a town.
    5. Assistant Manager of IT for a video rental chain.
    6. Manager of a video store
    7. Help Desk analyst for Telus communications. Fixing teh internetz on the ph0ne. Dont yell at me.
    8. Junior IT Administrator @ Moscow State University
    9. Help desk technician for Olds College.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I work with stuff like this

Need a sig

I...

Where was I, oh yea. I sell used books. I work in a warehouse where we process and store used books. This is my company: Solid Rock LLC. My boss is a bit paranoid so we are not really supposed to take pictures of anything. Just picture an unmarked warehouse behind a plumbing company, and rows of chrome shelves full of books. We probably have 1 million books in the sellable inventory, not including what has not been processed yet or has been rejected. Bigest benefit of the job is I get free books and have really cool coworkers/bosses.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    I work at a major transportation company as well. We've got over four thousand trucks on the road now, and myself and one other guy handle the breakdowns on the road, thirteen hours a night. We don't have any trucks over three years old, so you'd think they would be reliable.
    Hmm sounds to me like Internationals Mebbe Volvos. Say, those trucks wouldn't happen to be red, would they?
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hardware_Mark1 View Post
    Hmm sounds to me like Internationals Mebbe Volvos. Say, those trucks wouldn't happen to be red, would they?
    We have got every color under the sun, some colors God never intended. Some of Freightliner's colors: Pearl Fawn. Radiant Fire. Dark Rose Grey. Light Neutral. WTF?? I still don't know what color a lot of our trucks are.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Fresh Paint

Heres my job..i work as a crane truck driver here in Norway..

I currently work as an autopsy technician, do you really want to see pics of that????
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri