Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Temjin TJ09

Default Silverstone Temjin TJ09

Oh noes, I'm back.

Long time no see fellas. I'm back with a question that only the TBCS gurus can help with. I'm getting sick of Shark and want to get a new case. As the title suggests, I'm looking at the TJ09. I know that Silverstone is an awesome brand, but does anyone have any experience with the TJ09? Is it worth the $264 on Xoxide? I'm liking the pre-cut 120.2 hole at the top for my 120.2 rad but still, 264...

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll be around more. I miss this place.
    RIP Bucko

Default Re: Silverstone Temjin TJ09

I had a TJ07 for Throttle, and it was the sexiest case I've ever owned, period. Fit and finish were superb, the options were great, etc.

I havent seen a TJ09, so i'm not really qualified to offer an opinion here, but as I said, the TJ07 rocked.. I'd buy another.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Personally I'm not really a fan. The TJ07 looks much better IMO plus you can mount 2x360mm rads in the base, more than enough cooling potential with dead sexy looks.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

After looking at the TJ09, I dont like it at all. The TJ07 is definitely the nicer case.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

The design of the TJ09 could be better (specifically the front) but the main selling point of it for me is the price. If I could find a TJ07 for $260 I'd be all over it but they are generally $100 more than that (and I need to get a GPU waterblock for my 8800GT, which are about $110). I wouldn't even mind straying away from Silverstone but I want a full tower and all of the others are "gamer" cases and so damn flashy I fear I might start seizing when I power it on .

What do you guys think about the TJ10? With the front door it looks waaaay better than the TJ09 and is still a little less than the TJ07. I guess I always could stop being such a cheap-ass but that just puts off my new gear longer. Thoughts?

Edit: I suppose I should mention I want all of the hardware internal - rads, fans, everything. That's why size is a concern.
    RIP Bucko

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

The TJ10 does look much better than a TJ09 but personally I still think it doesn't compare to the TJ07.

Have you considered the CM Cosmos or a Stacker? What about the Silverstone Fortress FT01, that's the little brother to the TJ07, still has plenty of room inside for W/C without much modding. I was going to mod one by replacing the front 140mm fan with 4x92mm fans and put a PSU compartment in the bottom like a TJ07 that can house 2x240mm rads, would work quite well. The Thermaltake Spedo is also a worthy contender, as is the Lian Li Armorsuit.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I love the TJ07. That is one of the coolest and most professional looking cases around I think. Its also quite a bit more expensive unfortunately. ><

My favorite to least favorite would have to be TJ07, then TJ10, then TJ09. Although, I don't really like the TJ09 all that much so if I had a choice it wouldn't even be on the list. So for best bang for the buck, I would say TJ10 is a winner.

But out of all the silverstone cases, I would have to say that my favorites are either the FragBox or the Raven. Although I would change out that LED on the Raven with either no LED or with a red one.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz
    The TJ10 does look much better than a TJ09 but personally I still think it doesn't compare to the TJ07.
    No arguments there. As for a CM case - I really considered them, and still might take another look. The Cosmos and Stacker are the two I was interested in actually. My problem with the Cosmos: when I see it I think Star Trek. I don't know why, but I do. Star Trek is definitely not where I want the build to go. As for the Stacker: the old ones were great. I loved the class they had. The new ones - I immediately think Warthog from Halo. Again, not where I want this to go .

The FT01 is dead sexy, unfortunately though, I think it'll be too small (based on the pics from bit-tech). Thermaltake Spedo: thanks for pointing that out. Definitely worth another look. My only gripe is the big-ass fan on the side. It detracts from the otherwise nice look.

My focus now is still the TJ10. The Spedo I'll have to look at more though.

Oh, and I'll just leave this here.

Edit: Also, congrats on finishing Lexa! I never saw the end of the thread, it looks killler! Great job!
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

What about the Antec Twelve Hundred? Looks like plenty of room inside? You could probably mount two 240mm raddy's in the front and back.

In 2007 they had an Antec Twelve Hundred with water cooling options. It basically had a giant 200mm radiator mounted under the 200mm tricool fan. But that was back in 2007, so I don't think they have that case anymore, but its an idea.

Anyways, the current Twelve Hundred is pretty nice looking, fairly large and is currently on a great sale and with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129043

Might be worth looking into.
    Looks like this guy mounted his 240mm raddy into the front of the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNagN...eature=related
    Last edited by Zephik; 04-09-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Found youtube video, front raddy mount with 1200
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I forgot about the Twelve Hundred...

Do you know anything else about it? Seems like it getting good reviews, but I'm worried with all of the big grill stuff that it'll get dusty pretty quick. That price isn't looking too bad though...
    RIP Bucko