Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project : Redemption

Default Project : Redemption - Completed Pics Page 4

Named in part after The Shawshank Redemption film which is an awesome film.

I've got a new PC which I'll be using as a Media Player / Blu-Ray Player which hooks up to my 32" LCD TV.

At the moment it's caseless (less than ideal) so I'll be building one from scratch.

Title will be laser etched pictures will be either laser etched ,stickers or something else and will include other films / characters like WALL-E and the Batman logo, also possibly an Alien or Predator shot.

Stickers would be easier for a maintenance point of view and easier to change but may not look quite as good after a time. Whereas etching would look awesome but it would have to be a film I would always love.
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Default Re: Project : Redemption

Wow man, sweet design. With the stickers/etching area I would say get some stickers made, I know there are places that do customer stickers as my brother has the back half of his car covered in custom stickers lol

You may not be looking for advice or anything but just from my view Id remove the 'film' from between the fans and put something else there following the theme sorry man but I saw the film and thought it looked a little.. out of place?

Anyway sweet as design, got specs for the PC? Any more pics?

Good start! +rep

-KiLLERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Cheers for the Rep

Yeh I'm still not sure on the film reel but I would like to put something in that space.

No pics as yet, although I'm picking up my perspex rods later today which have been machined, they should look awesome.
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

SSo I got my Perspex Rods back from the machine shop today.

Large pics so I had them as thumbnails instead. They look swish and I'm looking forward to putting it all together.

as for the specs I'm just waiting on my RMA motherboard and then I'll spill
    Craigr1982
    ----------

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I used much the same design when building Project: Onyx.

Mine had the front and rear panels glued into the slots in the rod and the sides slid out the bottom. How do you plan to set yours up for access?

Sorry I didnt mean to copy. Looks ace tho!!

The top will hold everything in place with 4 bolts. The front and sides will slot in, haven't quite figured out the back yet as it will be attached to the motherboard backplate etc.
    Craigr1982
    ----------

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Wasn't accusing you of copyright infringement or anything. I was just curious how someone else would approach the design.

Figured it was about time I put some specs down for this build

Specs -
    Asus P5N7A-VM (with onboard 9300 HDMI)
    Intel Q9450
    4Gb G.Skill 6400
    LG Bluray Drive
    OCZ ModXstream 400W
    1Tb Samsung (nearly full already)

Windows 7 Home
    Craigr1982
    ----------

Spent a little bit of time on it today.

In the garage with the wind howling, not that I could hear it as I was listening to Dragonforce on my Ipod.

Anyway I had some rod left over for the feet of the case, so today's task was to get them sorted.

First a case of cutting the rod into sections of 3cm

Had to go slow but found that spraying WD40 on the blade every so often made it a lot easier and they were done. Still had to sand the ends down a little. Can you tell which I've done?

Then all I had to do was drill a hole through the centre. Oh god if it was only that simple. Out came the pillar drill look-a-like.

Getting things centred is a nightmare when you don't have the proper tools to do the job. I made up a rig to hold the rod sections in place and so it should have just been as simple as lowering the drill...Except it wasn't.

I've ruined a couple (good job I have more rod spare), as they were just off centre by a fly's todger so things didn't line up correctly.

Finally I got one completed, another nearly done and a third ready to drill. Guess I need to cut another one.

I also bought some of this from *cough* B&Q which I plan to use later.

Hopefully I can get some more done during the week.
    Craigr1982
    ----------

Figured this was due an update. I been busy the last few days with Monolith so this has been put on the back burner a little.

However...

I've ordered the perspex sheeting, thats due any day now

I've got an easier (and cheaper) way of putting images on the panels, although they won't be etched I'm hoping it will still look the mutts nuts. (cheers woody )

I've picked up some rubber channelling which will be used as anti-vibration for the panels.

I'm still looking for more film suggestions that I can put on the case.
    Craigr1982
    ----------