I'm far enough along on my latest project that I determined a worklog was the logical next step. So after resizing close to sixty images for the site I'll try to get some progress posted.
For those of you who are new to my work, you can check out my previous mods as follows:
Dewy: My First Mod
Khaos: My Brothers Birthday Present
Champloo: A short and Sweet mod for my Cousin
Ok, so now that the shameless plug is out of the way, On to the newest project: Pawned
They all start out so innocent. Just a good sturdy Antec tower case. Can't remember the model name but I'm sure we've all seen them before.
and so.... Disassembly begins.
The sides are removed with ease and then the feet come off. I may or may not use them again later. Havenít yet decided.
The top and bottom takes a little more care, requiring me to drill out the rivits.
With no top
With no top or bottom
Leaving me with a stack of panels
Next its time to start drawing up the design on the case. Using a created image created in Photoshop then printing onto 3 separate pages, taping together, taping the corners to the panel, and finally using carbon paper to transfer the image.
Then outlined with a sharpie to make things easier to see.
The other panel was a little more difficult to design. With the Checkerboard design I went back and forth about cutting the entire deal out and them gluing the parts or bolting the parts back on to create the checkerboard pattern. Ultimately I decided that cutting out the individual squares would lend itself well to the design and give the pattern an interesting effect. Leaving me measuring and re-measuring my lines until I had a pattern that worked on the side.
Then on to the cutting...
Man that was thick metal. Each square used a full cutting wheel disc with the dremel. Sometimes closer to two.
So about sixty cutting wheel discs later, we finally have the first result.
Next time, we tackle the pawn.
Until next time...