Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helghan

Default Helghan

Hello everyone,

Some of you may know me from my current project “Elements of Fortune”.
    That mod is the second good mod I have made, So let me introduce my first real modding project now

But first some info about myself: My name is Tom, I am 17 years old and I’m casemodding since May 2007. I live in Belgium and my English is not “Great!” – But I’m doing my best ^^. At school I have studied economics and computer science.
    I like to work with wood (especially MDF) … well … enough blablabla ^^ let’s get started !

The project HELGHAN is based upon the Killzone2 game on PLAYSTATION3. A couple years ago, I was a fanatic gamer … nowadays I don’t play games anymore

I will summarize the complete log, there are about 1000 pictures of the total worklog, but I won’t show them to ya
    You may know that my work is not organized, so I work on a lot of thing at the same time. When I begin I started to design with Sketchup from Google, it is an easy program… the sketches are not great, but you get the idea

It was not easy for me to make the different angles with the skills I had… But somehow I managed to make it happen
    I didn’t start to mod the good case immediately – I practiced with an old case and side panel…

After some practicing, the case (MS-Tech LC182) arrived with some “Arctic cooling“coolers.

Stripping the case

For the side panels, I made the beginning of the pillars / columns

For some reason, I stopped a while with the columns – and I started with some details on the case. Like the weapon that will be on top of the case.

I searched the internet for screens and a friend edited them with photoshop…

As you can see, the little box next to the gun will be the FAN controller – just switches for power the FANs 5V or 12V

The case needs to be steady … because with all wooden architecture, it will be a heavy case

The columns need to be steady too, 2 blocks of wood will hold the columns.

Will it open ?? Yes It will

Some improvements…

On the next photo you also see the air intake. I just made a hole with the Dremel.

I also made a hole in the alu front (well , in the inner casing)
    I used a dust filter for the intake, and I wanted to give it a dirty look with some paint.

For taking the air out of the case, two 120 FANs on top, and a small one in the back.

The weapon will be laying on top of the mesh, but a bit of obstruction won’t hurt because I got a lot of outtake coolers…

To design the inside of the case I just took some old tubes from a dust cleaner.

(tip, you don’t see the wires you see on the pictures )

… a while later I made the front with the looks of a garage entry below a multi-switch for lights.

… again a while later – a lot of woodwork has been done.

2 flags will be on the back side of the case, so if you look to the side, you don’t see a lot of cables coming out the I/O panel…

For the other side panel, I wanted to make something special – the Idea was the big HElghast logo (with light)

After this, I started to make the box for the switches in the front of the case. By switching them, you can turn the lights in and out the case on or off, perfect for watching a movie…

One of the things I’m most proud of , are the power and reset buttons…
    They are made out of some “soldier toy” barrels. And I gave them a new color…

You’ll see them back after a few pictures
    Modding of the PSU … From this:

To this:

Some engraving with dremel, and some paint effects. I finished the bottom plate

Here you see the barrels again

Sanding, filling, doing lots of other things to the outside…
    The inside got some attention as well.

Painting, painting and painting …

Hmm …

Argh .. looks better now

It’s all in the details ! , the cells on the sidepanels are filled with very small attributes

Another thing now … I finished the weapon !

Placing the hardware
    ATI HD4850 graphics card, Intel C2D E8200, 2 Gigs of memory and 640GB storage.

Oh , I forgot – The front side of the case got something special.
    I made the head of a Helghast with clay:

It is very hard to take a good picture with my camera … but this is the result:

And if you might ask yourself … Killzone2 is a PLAYSTATION3 exclusive … so why a PC custom mod? I just like the theme and style of the game, and Yes I got a PS3

Thanks a lot for reading and watching the pictures, I hope you liked my first real modding work. Currently I am working on a much bigger project.
    Elements of Fortune, you can follow it on the forums !

Imagine I am happy while modding, just couldn't add the emoticons because of the image limit LOL ^^

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Default Re: Helghan

Very nice man! You should give me some woodworking lessons lol. +rep
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Wow, this looks great!
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Yowch! +Rep for sure
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Wow... that is really COOL! Thanks for sharing.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

That is pretty sweet. Love the orange scheme. Reminds me of Doom3 case. +rep

Thanks for sharing this incredible mod with us Tom, the work on that beast is absolutely brilliant! My favorite element is that helghast with the glowing eyes, awesome!!! +rep
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

You now have probably the best rep around with so few posts
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

hehe Thank you all very much !!!
    It is nice to hear positive replies!
    This mod was finished in November, I went to "the multimedia event" and there was a contest called "The Benelux Casemodding League".
    Helghan got first place - And with the prizes I got... I was sure to begin another project ^^

to give you an idea about the size:
    This is Helghan next to my a Coolermaster Cosmos

Again, thanks for reading and comments !

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Absolutely brilliant concept, and you pulled it off flawlessly! Great work!!! +Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream