Thread: touch screen monitor resolutions/problems which is best ?

ATX Mental Case

Default touch screen monitor resolutions/problems which is best ?

Hi I have an Elo 17 inch touch screen monitor. I have made it into a wall mounted media/jukebox.
    I use a touch-it virtual keyboard so I can type things into youtube etc.
    I had the resolution on the monitor at 800 x 600 which made everything chunky but easy to use with the touch screen.But the problem is that all websites pages are oversized and you have to scrol sideways to read it all ? Is there anyway to combine both chunky buttons and webpages that fit onto the screen ?
    Also the touch -it virtual keyboard was the right size at 800 x 600 but now at the higher resolution its a bit small !

p.s I added shortcuts to web pages on the desktop and when you click them they open up as a small window and you have to maximize them all manually to view in full screen, how do you get all windows to be full screen ? I tried the closing at full screen and it should remember but it does not !

Default Re: touch screen monitor resolutions/problems which is best ?

In firefox (I believe in IE as well) you can use the zoom capabilities to zoom out of a webpage to make it smaller. This won't shrink or enlarge images (unless they are set at a percentage of the screen, not a set amount) but it will adjust text which in a lot of cases it will adjust the website. shortcut key in firefox is ctrl - (+ to increase zoom).

I think there is an accessibility option that lets you set the width of websites as well, not 100% on that though.

as for the window max thing, isn't there an option in the right-click menu for this? not sure, there isn't in win xp pro that I saw. I know thats an easy fix but I dont remember and I'm too lazy to google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Default Re: touch screen monitor resolutions/problems which is best ?

The touch-it website and help guide says that it works with normal windows Zoom. You should be able to do something similar to CTRL+Scroll to zoom it in, otherwise check all the options for zooming it in.

http://www.chessware.ch/virtual-keyboard/help/index.htm
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!